Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: It's Not Like I'm Begging For Canelo Fight; It's Something I've Earned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: It's Not Like I'm Begging For Canelo Fight; It's Something I've Earned

LAS VEGAS - David Benavidez believes he has earned his shot at Canelo Alvarez. Now that Benavidez has beaten Caleb Plant, the opponent Alvarez defeated to become boxing's undisputed super middleweight champion, Benavidez doesn't think Alvarez can claim that his resume doesn't warrant a fight for Alvarez's
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Plant win definitely makes Benavidez the most credible guy out there for Canelo at 168.

No excuses for Canelo not to fight him by May 2024.

Comment

There is 0 reason for Canelo not to fight Benavidez. You can’t argue who has he beaten when you take into account everyone Canelo has fought at 168. Canelo is walking around with “undisputed” status but is the only one who has ever claimed that while the previous owner of one of the titles never lost the belt in the ring and is still an undefeated fighter that is still in that weight class. Lastly, there isn’t a bigger money fight available for Canelo as a Mexican vs a Mexican American (who is also Ecuadorian and Dominican) on a Mexican holiday weekend would do the best numbers Canelo has done since his 2nd match with ggg 5 years ago. This is a more meaningful fight than Canelo getting an undeserving rematch with Bivol who already beat him clearly.

Comment

Sounds like You are begging
        Has nobody learned anything from GGG
        Look what his career became waiting and chasing Canelo
        Hitmon Hitmon Verus Verus like this.

Comment

I could see Canelo fighting rider then retiring. I think people are tired of watching him fight these euro bums
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            The Plant win definitely makes Benavidez the most credible guy out there for Canelo at 168.

No excuses for Canelo not to fight him by May 2024.
            Agreed! That's assuming Canelo hasn't retired, or lost the belt by then, and that Banavidez hasn't outgrown the 168 pound division.
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Canelo is going to try to avenge his loss to Bivol first. As a prideful champion should.

Benavidez will still be there afterwards.
              Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                There is 0 reason for Canelo not to fight Benavidez. You can’t argue who has he beaten when you take into account everyone Canelo has fought at 168. Canelo is walking around with “undisputed” status but is the only one who has ever claimed that while the previous owner of one of the titles never lost the belt in the ring and is still an undefeated fighter that is still in that weight class. Lastly, there isn’t a bigger money fight available for Canelo as a Mexican vs a Mexican American (who is also Ecuadorian and Dominican) on a Mexican holiday weekend would do the best numbers Canelo has done since his 2nd match with ggg 5 years ago. This is a more meaningful fight than Canelo getting an undeserving rematch with Bivol who already beat him clearly.
                I have to agree with most of your post, Canelo can't explain away any reason why he wouldn't fight Benavidez. Who is undefeated, and a former 2 time champion to boot.
                ​To top that all off Benavidez has been calling him out now for a couple of year's, that's not a good look for El Gran Campeon Mejicano.
                The only part that I didn't agree with in your post was that Benavidez in Mexican/Ecuadorian, not Dominican/Ecuadorian.
                Other than that it's Jab jab, and you lowered the boom on em once again brother.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Sounds like You are begging
                  Has nobody learned anything from GGG
                  Look what his career became waiting and chasing Canelo
                  Eh, Benavidez is young and more than likely has many years left. Golovkin didn't have that luxury.

Comment

IMO Benavidez had earned a Canelo fight. That said he is begging. That tends to happen when you’re challenging the cash cow, who always has options.

Comment

Working...
                    X