Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert 'Very Convinced' He Beat Jose Valenzuela, Admits 'It Was A Close Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert 'Very Convinced' He Beat Jose Valenzuela, Admits 'It Was A Close Fight'

LAS VEGAS - Chris Colbert wasn't sure who Jimmy Lennon Jr. would announce as the winner Saturday night. Brooklyn's Colbert was "very convinced" he did enough to come back and beat Jose Valenzuela in their 10-round lightweight fight on the David Benavidez-Caleb Plant pay-per-view undercard at MGM Grand Garden Arena. The former WBA interim 130-pound champion also knew Valenzuela landed many flush punches and that the knockdown he
    [Click Here To Read More]

Brain damage is no joke....

Comment

It wasn't close. I scored that fight 9 rounds to 3 and even the 3 I gave him you could make an argument they were Valenzuela rounds.
      macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Delusional.
        macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

The first sign of denial is convincing yourself of something that just isn’t there

Comment

This is what any fighter is suppose to say. I had Valenzuela winning a close U.D. When you put a opponent on the floor early you need to finish them by KO. Colbert got up and fought his ass off hurt bad and coming forward with a thumbed eye. He has heart. Valenzuela brought this on himself
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

If fighters like this, like Tim Bradley, Andre Ward, Canelo, etc admit that it just wasn't their night and that the judges got it wrong, maybe things would begin to change. The rematch between SRL and Tommy Hearns was clearly won by Hearns, but the judges scored it a draw. I applaud SRL for admitting that Hearns won. More fighters should do this. Maybe it will embarrass judges into scoring the right way if they are being called out by the loser they gave the decision to.

Comment

It wasn't close. I scored that fight 9 rounds to 3 and even the 3 I gave him you could make an argument they were Valenzuela rounds.

Funny score for a 10 round fight‍♂️

Comment

Sometimes it’s just better not to speak. Someone needs to advise Colbert this is one of those instances

Comment

They're not doing Colbert any favors. How many fights is he going to win like that? He got lit up like a Christmas tree. He looked like a pin ball getting bounced around. Tap tap boing.

Comment

Working...
                    X