Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez And Plant Settle Their Differences Inside The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez And Plant Settle Their Differences Inside The Ring

By Corey Erdman - At some point during their twelve-round fight, David Benavidez and Caleb Plant seemingly decided they didn't hate one another anymore. The two top super middleweights and their respective camps spent a large portion of the last five years engaging in physical altercations, trading verbal barbs, invoking one another's families, accosting one another in public and
    [Click Here To Read More]
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Honestly, when I saw it was Breadman who was training Caleb Plant, I knew he was going to lose. His mailbag is insightful but in reality, he just lets his fighters do their own thing, breadman doesn’t really fix his fighters mistakes. He just likes to point out other fighters mistakes, especially those he doesn’t train.
    rambo68 rambo68 likes this.

Comment

Plant is good but not great - he has reached his peak. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Most fighters leave it in the ring, and the main issue that they have with another fighter stems from shxt talking, but not being allowed the opportunity to settle it in what they are most skilled at, actually fighting. The respect is waiting at the end of the opportunity, but until then, a lot of the time, its that itch to prove themselves as better that shows up in different ways, and some of it disrespectful.

Comment

Plant was slick but, Benavidez was just
          too much. Can't wait to see him against
          Canelo, he definitely deserves it.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Breadman is a boxing history savant but I think he’s all wrong as a trainer. I think we’ll see a completely new corner when/if Plant returns.
            rambo68 rambo68 likes this.

Comment

It's unfortunate that so many young men these days are unwilling to settle it like men and reach for a gun instead. Whether out of cowardice or fear of losing a fair fight , I don't know. I grew up in the tines that we'd settle our differences with a fist fight, even the guy that lost the fight lived to fight another day. Not fighting at all is obviously the best way to deal with things but if you just have to settle it with violence , fists is way more reasonable than guns.
              One of the best things about boxing , something that boxing haters don't understand is how beautiful the sportsmanship and respect shown after a fight is. Nonito Donaire versus Nicholas Walters is a terrific example of this.
              Sabiondo Sabiondo likes this.

Comment

This was a good article , well written and insighful. Good job Cory.

Comment

Plant's cornerman was the worst I've ever seen a championship fight. He didn't get into the ring, look his fighter in the eye and give him any strategies. All he did was talk basics from outside the ring. He didn't refresh with ice on the head or water. Basically that cornerman sucked!!! There is no other way of saying it. If Plant wants to keep fighting at the elite level he needs to ditch his corner. If Breadman was in his corner, then needs to stick to writing boxing articles because he truly isn't a cornerman or a trainer.

Comment

This is the classic "The Better Man won". It is that simple. Even if Plant had the late great Emmanuel Steward as his trainer it would not have changed the outcome. Benevidez is just a bad mofo. Oh and I was rooting for Plant. Respect to both fighers.
                    MinuteMaid5 MinuteMaid5 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X