Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Valenzuela: I Hit Colbert With Harder Shots, I Dropped Him, I Dominated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Valenzuela: I Hit Colbert With Harder Shots, I Dropped Him, I Dominated

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - There was a lot of controversy in the aftermath of Saturday's fight between Chris "Primetime" Colbert (17-1, 6 KOs) and Jose Valenzuela (12-2, 8 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Exactly.... Robbery is a great word to describe it.
    macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Colbert lost a fan last night. He lost that fight and then behaved like a street urchin. What a classless buffoon

Comment

I was at the fight. As it was almost over I told my friend I could see this fight being a draw. Valenzuela had the knockdown and had a few spurts but to me it seemed like Colbert was constantly out working him. I wasn’t shocked by the decision.

Comment

I remember how when Jim Gray was asked by Valenzuela what he thought, and he said he asks the questions. Then at the end of the interview, he said he thought it was a terrible decision.

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Horrible decision, nothing new from PBC/Showtime. Then Colbert's behaviour turned so many people against him. He would have been better off taking the loss and knowing he gave a good account of himself.
            HandsofIron HandsofIron likes this.

Comment

Dominated? Not even close.

But if you watch that fight without scoring it, Valenzuela does look like the clear winner. He dropped Colbert, hurt him several times and landed the harder shots.

But a fight is scored round by round. Every time he hurt Colbert, he did nothing the next round and was getting outworked. Colbert really dug deep and made it very close. I thought the rounds weren't particularly hard to score. I had it 5-5 with the knockdown being the difference.​

Comment

Bad decision or not, to me, the take away is, if u hurt a guy, don't allow him to recover. Keep him hurt. Finish him
                BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Valenzuela needs to work on his finishing skills. Learning process and all.

Comment

Valenzuela did tend to take every other round off. But in the rounds he didn't, he kicked butt on Colbert. Overall, a very bad decision. Valenzuela should have won.
                    Colbert didn't win any fans last night. The crowd booed and booed and I mean loud booing. Colbert's cocky attitude didn't help either.

Comment

Working...
                    X