Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: David Benavidez a Helluva Fighter, We Settled Rivalry Like Men

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: David Benavidez a Helluva Fighter, We Settled Rivalry Like Men

On Saturday night, former IBF super middleweight champion Caleb Plant suffered the second defeat of his pro career. He dropped a twelve round unanimous decision to two-time super middleweight world champion David Benavidez at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good to see respect between them. There is still big fights for Plant that i want to see him in

Comment

I never liked Plant or his running style but he showed heart last night. He took an ass kicking. Also a big assist goes to incompetent ref Bayless. Terrible job last night Kenny. Terrible. Embarrassing!!!
      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I think the fight went exactly how most predicted. Plant will box early, Dave will start to walk him, break him and eventually stop him. Unfortunately for him, the last part didn't happen becos of corrupt Kenny Bayless. Man he was god awful and am more convinced he was doing somebody's bidding 'cos there is no way a ref could be that biased and incompetent. But that aside, this is where you need an experienced trainer that isn't a slave to the fighter or isn't worried about his job been in jeopardy 'cos of the decision he makes. That fight should have been stopped. Plant took a beating out there and it remains to be seen how that affects him moving forward.
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

David settled the rivalry. Plant got his face broke n humbled. Big difference.
          Chollo Vista Chollo Vista likes this.

Comment

I'm glad David beat the smugness out of plant.

Plant was show-boating and talking shlt in the ring the whole fight. You better believe if plant would have won the fight he would NOT have shown any respect towards benavidez. Not only because of his antics in the ring during the fight, but based off how he reacted towards dirrell at the end of that fight. I'm just glad benavidez has some class and gave plant his props because if the tables were turned, the post fight interviews would have been way different.

Comment

Plant is not good enough to be a dominating presence. He capitalized off a fading Dirrell, but he will struggle against the more complete fighters in a division. You must be able to bang with authoritative/power boxers. He lacks this in his arsenal. Power punchers are his weakness. He may win some fights here and there at the elite level, but he'll have no dominating presence.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                I'm glad David beat the smugness out of plant.

Plant was show-boating and talking shlt in the ring the whole fight. You better believe if plant would have won the fight he would NOT have shown any respect towards benavidez. Not only because of his antics in the ring during the fight, but based off how he reacted towards dirrell at the end of that fight. I'm just glad benavidez has some class and gave plant his props because if the tables were turned, the post fight interviews would have been way different.
                Odd thing to say since Plant has always been the classier of the two throughout their rivalry.
                Gary Coleman Gary Coleman likes this.

Comment

I like Plant as a boxer. The rivalries / **** talking does very little for me. I just want to see two good, evenly-matched fighters playing fist chess. We got that (mostly) last night as Plant dominated the first half and Benavidez reeeaally dominated the second. Saying all that, I think Plant should take some time, reassess his options and possibly his trainer(s) and lay down a new game plan. He needs to seriously work on his stamina if he is to face pressure fighters like David. On that same token, if David is at all serious about moving up to LHW, he should step out of his comfort zone and sharpen his boxing skills, especially if he dares to face Beterbiev or (especially) Bivol. The “Boogeyman” won fair and square, but Plant exposed his flaws.
                  TheIronMike TheIronMike likes this.

Comment

Plant had the balls to get in there with Benavidez. To bad clenelo scared sorry ass won’t doing it. He will use the Bivol rematch to duck again. The fight will be at 175 to take the heat off of the duck
                    tkoboxingscene tkoboxingscene likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X