Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois: I Think Lawrence Okolie Can Definitely Mix it at Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois: I Think Lawrence Okolie Can Definitely Mix it at Heavyweight

Lawrence Okolie has been backed to make a deep impact on the heavyweight division by his long-time sparring partner Daniel Dubois.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Okolie doesn’t have a second gear ,that works in sparring but not in a real fight . All the advantages he has in CW disappears if he moves to heavyweight. If he thinks he was surprised that the C level fighter Light didn’t fall he’s going to be in for a real surprise with actual legit fighters who weigh over 240 .

I don’t see it going good at all , he might be a top CW and a decent sparring partner but he don’t have the gears to turn it up when he’s going to need it and won’t be the bigger puncher all the time ,he’s kind of very overrated there to from what I seen .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-26-2023, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Okolie is not good. That guy he fought last night was terrible, he'll get battered around like a red-headed stepchild by any legit heavyweight. Imagine what Usyk would do to that guy in either weight class?

Comment

okolie is the real deal, i have it on very good authority that he put down joshua hard in sparring too (sparring is sparring but shows his power carries up)

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
          okolie is the real deal, i have it on very good authority that he put down joshua hard in sparring too (sparring is sparring but shows his power carries up)
          I'm going to guess Joshua has been hurt in sparring by a lot of people, which is why he doesn't spar much in training and says "it's irrelevant".

Comment

Not buying into Okolie yet

Comment

Okolie is the pugilistic equivalent of the expression "watching the paint dry".

Comment

So DD already looking for an easy payday against a very average Okolie ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                  And then he signed for AJs management company after that rumour had been released.

Think about it.

Comment

Okolie hits hard.
                    He is awkward and a problem.

However he will never get bums on seats unless he learns to fight on the inside. The holding is just too painful.
                    ​​​​​
                    Sky have invested a lot of money signing him, he's got to earn the next contract by getting people to want to watch. He's getting a real reputation of being a boring boxer who nobody cares about. Hard to shift that.
                    Last edited by M312; 03-26-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X