Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: I Respect Canelo, But He Has To Give Me That Shot Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: I Respect Canelo, But He Has To Give Me That Shot Now

Undefeated two-time super middleweight world champion David "The Mexican Monster" Benavidez retained his Interim WBC Super Middleweight Title with a bruising unanimous decision victory over former world champion Caleb Plant in the Showtime PPV main event Saturday night from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The judges' final tallies were 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In Canelo fan world Canelo "destroys" everyone easily. In the real world Canelo gets schooled by Bivol then goes the distance with a 40yr old fighter he was also supposed to "destroy". There's a reason Canelo choose trash can Ryder over Benavidez.

Comment

I thought it was a good fight up until the clash of heads. Plant took the worst of it and never seemed to recover. Kudos to Benavidez for the win. He now has a case for the Alvarez sweepstakes. From what I seen in the early rounds, Canelo would toy with him until he started going. After the 8th round, we'd see if Alvarez can hold off the hard charging Mexican Monster. I'd pay to see it. Question is, does Canelo want the Bivol rematch or a show down with Benavidez..imo, I think he chooses Bivol. Not as grueling of a fight.
      NoConcoms NoConcoms likes this.

Comment

It's time to make it happen.... No one wants to see Canelo take on Bivol again, it would probably be a boring fight again, their styles just don't mesh, now Canelo vs Benavides, those styles are made for a great fight.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

What’s annoying about canelo fighting Bivol again is not only do we not get to see him fight Benavidez this year but we also won’t get to see Bivol against Beterbiev.

Comment

The David of last night gets schooled by canelo and stopped late. If you think David was hesitant against Caleb early just wait til he fights canelo. David showed a lot of inexperience last night. Dude was just plodding around lunging at plant throwing one punch at a time. He's gonna have a very tough time landing anything of significance against canelo. There's a reason Golovkin and kovalev didn't wanna sit down on their punches against canelo. He's got too much firepower. David will be no different.

Comment

I want to watch fight as much as the next guy but benavidez doesn't convince me as a real threat to canelos undisputed, cinnabon although some might say hes in downhill he still too accurate, fast, smart and experienced not to mention probably has best chin in boxing today, benavidez will give his best no doubt but i see him losing decision.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyDeebo! View Post
                I want to watch fight as much as the next guy but benavidez doesn't convince me as a real threat to canelos undisputed, cinnabon although some might say hes in downhill he still too accurate, fast, smart and experienced not to mention probably has best chin in boxing today, benavidez will give his best no doubt but i see him losing decision.
                Benavidez is better than everybody on clenelos resume except for Mayweather and Bivol. This fight needs to happen in September or clenelo will be the most famous pvssy ass face of boxing fighter in the history of the sport. No if,and or but

Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                  In Canelo fan world Canelo "destroys" everyone easily. In the real world Canelo gets schooled by Bivol then goes the distance with a 40yr old fighter he was also supposed to "destroy". There's a reason Canelo choose trash can Ryder over Benavidez.
                  yeah he doesnt get enough criticism for the 3rd GGG fight, whole narrative was that he was going to go in there and be the first guy to stop him, ends up winning by 1 round on the cards

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    Benavidez is better than everybody on clenelos resume except for Mayweather and Bivol. This fight needs to happen in September or clenelo will be the most famous pvssy ass face of boxing fighter in the history of the sport. No if,and or but
                    Canelo is waaay wayy better than entire benny resume, gingerboy will make easy work of benavidez. Hope he leaves bivol for later and take on benny boy right b4 year ends like u say. Benny couldn't even finish plant. Canelo will eat benny punches like its nothing and land harder ones of his own. Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X