Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lawrence Okolie Returns, Decisions David Light To Retain WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Lawrence Okolie Returns, Decisions David Light To Retain WBO Title

Okolie, Light Fight Photos Gallery - Manchester Arena, Manchester - WBO cruiserweight champion Lawrence Okolie (19-0, 14 KOs) picked up a twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten mandatory challenger David Light (20-1, 12 KOs). (photos by Lawrence Lustig)
    [Click Here To Read More]

I only seen the highlights but this guys style is cancer.
    He has to be one of the worst world champions I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

I can't believe we've gone from the CW division having Usyk, Gassiev, Briedis, Dorticos, Lebedev, Diablo etc to this
    786 786 Citizen Koba Citizen Koba like this.

Comment

Light is a tough guy, a game opponent.

Okolie decent skill and power, but yes, doesn't seem to be superstar material. He has to do more if wants to be a bigger attraction. Yes, really dull fight.

He can and is making a good living from boxing, just saying that is not a big star for pay-per-view.

Comment

He switched trainer (and promoter) for this, there was some hope in previous performances that he might change but this was back to square one and then some ... horrible.

Comment

Okolie obviously hits very hard and is very awkward to fight. His opponents just don't want to engage.

But his style is so painful to watch, people won't want to pay to see. He may be good, but he's going to be hard pressed to sell tickets, even if he unifies.

Comment

Working...
          X