Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Will Not Be Facing Marshall or Jonas Next, Says Shalom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Will Not Be Facing Marshall or Jonas Next, Says Shalom

Promoter Ben Shalom of Boxxer has indicated that undisputed middleweight champion Claressa Shields will not face Savannah Marshall or Natasha Jonas in her next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Marshall really wants the fight she should travel

Comment

Originally posted by MANNY67 View Post
      If Marshall really wants the fight she should travel
      She won 2-3 rounds at best she doesn't even deserve the rematch lol now she's blaming Fury for her terrible style.

Comment

Jonas vs Shields is what I'm interested in seeing. Especially the catfight leading to fight night.

Where in the UK is Jonas, btw, so I can imagine listening to the accent when she and Shields begin their chat.
        MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

I find it hilarious that he talks like somehow they are on top. "We offered her the fight and she turned it down". As the champion she had to chase Marshall to her country to beat her up and she is still saying stupid stuff. "I think I can put box her" but she is afraid to engage.
          Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
            Jonas vs Shields is what I'm interested in seeing. Especially the catfight leading to fight night.

Where in the UK is Jonas, btw, so I can imagine listening to the accent when she and Shields begin their chat.
            Jonas sounds like she has a sock in her mouth so I'm assuming she's from Liverpool.

Comment

Marshall needs to come to the US is there is to be a rematch. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Comment

Sky needs to stop babying Jonas who turned down the biggest payday of her life (500K) to fight Shields. Jonas is not anything to talk about to turn down such a lucrative offer. I’m sure Jonas realized that Shiekds would blow her out easily and possibly end her career. Jonas would be wise to stay in her lane at 140 where she could fight Cameron who would also beat her easily.
                MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

Jonas has already stepped up weight classes, why would you assume she can just step up more? She isn't, so far as I know, the female scally Henry Armstrong. I think Jonas has really topped out with rising in weight.

Comment

Problem for Shields is she has no options.

She's not big enough a star in the US, and who would she fight anyway?

Only real options are Marshall/Jonas if she is with Boxxer still. If not, then Terri Harper (who's already tied up with Braekhus)? All UK fights.

Dezurn in the US? That's not going to sell for the money she'll want.

The only decent paydays are in the UK for Shields. She's playing hard ball, but she hasn't got a foot to stand on.

The only other option... But can't see it being possible really, is Taylor at 147. Quite the weight cut, but would be huge.
                    Last edited by M312; 03-24-2023, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X