No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Super Middleweight: The Best of Excess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Super Middleweight: The Best of Excess

By Cliff Rold - Boxing without super middleweight for most of what are now two generations of fans would be hard to imagine. This weekend will provide the latest example. Despite there being no titles on the line, the momentum is picking up for this Saturday's super middleweight clash in Las Vegas (Showtime PPV, 9 PM EST). Saul Alvarez remains the lineal and undisputed king. A pair of former titlists will go head-to-head for what should be a mandate to challenge for the throne.
    [Click Here To Read More]

thanks, cliff
    SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

What are the odds that there will be a "heated" weigh-in?

Comment

Plant may pull-off some type of **** at the weigh-in to taunt Benavidez. Can't wait for this awesome fight!

Comment

Where's your pick Cliff? Too close to call?

Comment

I just watched a video on YouTube of fighters and trainers predicting the fight. It was 40 minutes and at the end they interviewed David and Canelo last. Plant was not interviewed and it seems as if he is just being blown off because Canelo stopped him. Therefore David should be able to do it faster. I don't agree. I believe Plant kind of froze in the big moment with canelo. I believe he was to concerned about his stamina and had to much respect and fear of Canelo. I don't believe Caleb respects or fears David and I believe it will show come Saturday. As farr as David is concerned I have to give it to him he is coming in possibly I'm the best shape of his career. With that said and in my opinion he will just be the same one dimensional fighter that wings his shots. He will just now be doing so with a six pack and more defined biceps.
            Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              Where's your pick Cliff? Too close to call?
              He picks the same day of the fight, in an article named "Stats & Stakes"
              crold1 crold1 SteveM SteveM like this.

Comment

my bad - apologies Cliff if you read this - lol

Comment

Originally posted by John "The Beast" View Post
                  I just watched a video on YouTube of fighters and trainers predicting the fight. It was 40 minutes and at the end they interviewed David and Canelo last. Plant was not interviewed and it seems as if he is just being blown off because Canelo stopped him. Therefore David should be able to do it faster. I don't agree. I believe Plant kind of froze in the big moment with canelo. I believe he was to concerned about his stamina and had to much respect and fear of Canelo. I don't believe Caleb respects or fears David and I believe it will show come Saturday. As farr as David is concerned I have to give it to him he is coming in possibly I'm the best shape of his career. With that said and in my opinion he will just be the same one dimensional fighter that wings his shots. He will just now be doing so with a six pack and more defined biceps.
                  One-dimensional is enough to beat Plant. You don't attain Success by doing extraordinary things, you do by doing ordinary things extraordinarily. Benavidez is faster, stronger, bigger, talller, linger reach. Benavidez is winning this fight. That's why clenelo fought him and wouldn't give David a shot

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post

One-dimensional is enough to beat Plant. You don't attain Success by doing extraordinary things, you do by doing ordinary things extraordinarily. Benavidez is faster, stronger, bigger, talller, linger reach. Benavidez is winning this fight. That's why clenelo fought him and wouldn't give David a shot
                    Who did David do these extraordinary one dimensional (yours words) skills against? For a two time belt holder he has by far one of the weakness resumes in boxing history. I have even heard David's fans spouting off about him beating Bivol. My opinion Bivol would out right embarrass the Mexican Monster who don't even look Mexican. Maybe he should call himself the "Honduras Monster" or were ever his mom's hails from.

Comment

Working...
                    X