Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Praises New Trainer: Derrick James Is The Truth!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Praises New Trainer: Derrick James Is The Truth!

Anthony Joshua has bought all the way into the teachings of his newest head trainer. The former two-time unified heavyweight titlist even had a fitting assessment of Derrick James.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-22-2023, 03:25 PM.

Who has Joshua been sparring?

Comment

Derrick James or not, the odds on a KO win for Franklin are currently 23/1. I will give it a thought. I remember Andy Ruiz Jr KO in any round was 257/1 before the fight...

Comment

Meanwhile, Fury has just broken off talks with Usyk for April 29th

Comment

Derrick James is the truth until Joshua loses again

Comment

I agree, Derrick James is an excellent trainer as is shown by his stable of fighters in Jermell, Spence, and Martin. It can only help Joshua to be pushed to his highest level, rather than admired as soon as he steps in the gym. I believe that we will see a real difference in Joshua's technical skills, punch selections, and confidence in his next few fights. His stamina will make the difference between being a champion again or relegating himself to big money cash outings.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Anthony Joshua has bought all the way into the teachings of his newest head trainer. The former two-time unified heavyweight titlist even had a fitting assessment of Derrick James.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              I dont get him. He doesnt seem stupid. He should understand by now his “talent” and his “natural” advantages and how to use them on certain opponents.
              A great coach is important as your coming up but he's kinda old to be claiming a coach is going to save him at this point. He needs to retire or take a year or 2 off.
              Big George did it. Hes missing something mentally or in his life. Seems lost. Is he married?
              Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 03-22-2023, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Ronnie Shields had a lot do with Jermell Charlo too! I won't be able to make a judgement on James, because Joshua's opponent is not all that either. However, Frank Martin looked really good vs. Rivera, but Rivera was weight-drained too! I would like to see Frank Martin fight Issac Cruz, or Jamaine Ortiz next!
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 03-22-2023, 09:47 AM.

Comment

James is a garbage trainer. Hence why his mail fighter Errol has spent 13 years in the same weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                    James is a garbage trainer. Hence why his mail fighter Errol has spent 13 years in the same weight class.
                    In the same weight class dominant with 3 belts, that's to be admired, not discredited. It shows the he had the discipline to make the weight for over 10 years, never missed weight by the way, and still perform at his best in the ring, while fighting each champion for their belts. Most fighters are forced to move up by maturation, as he's experiencing now, or lack of discipline, or not being able to compete with the champions in the division. Spence never had that problem, and tried to go after undisputed as well, but we know how that turned out....

Comment

Working...
                    X