Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: This is The Most Important Fight of My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: This is The Most Important Fight of My Career

By Thomas Gerbasi - In the weeks, months, heck years, before they step into the ring at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, David Benavidez and Caleb Plant have not made it a secret that they don't like each other. Never have, never will. Yet in the immediate lead-up to the interim WBC super middleweight title fight, Plant appears to
    [Click Here To Read More]

Believing that Benavidez can keep his cool and fight his usual fight, barring he gets caught with something big, he will eventually wear Plant down, put it on him late in the fight and probably get him outta there. Just can't see Plant keeping Benavidez off of him on the backfoot for 12 rounds. Eventually, Plant will hafta sit down to land something big to back him off and that's where the danger lies. Should be a great boxer vs puncher matchup.

Comment

I like both fighters, but believe Benavidez wins it late by knockout.

Comment

How many times have we seen a pure counter puncher frustrate a brawler?

Comment

2 time world champion...cant remember who he beat of note in that stretch...fighting a similar guy who landed a canelo fight.

This is a good fight but we should be seeing these types of guys fight way more often ffs.

Comment

Plant is a great boxer. We all saw how he held his own with Canelo. That said, he has TOO MUCH wasted movement.
            He cant be expending all his energy “getting out of the way”. He has to make Benividas pay EVERY TIME he comes in recklessly. If he cant get Benividas respect early. It will be a long night. I see a 12 round fight where it goes to a decision. Plant will NOT WIN a decision, even if he does better than people expect. In my mind NEITHER of these fighters are ELITE. Easy work for RJJ, Calzaghe or Ward.
            Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 03-23-2023, 12:51 AM.

Comment

You forgot to ask him why he hired Memo Heredia as his SC coach.
              We all know what "Memo" as an SC coach on a team means.

Comment

Working...
              X