Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera Issued Six Month Suspension, Fined $10,000 By Nevada Commission

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera Issued Six Month Suspension, Fined $10,000 By Nevada Commission

Michel Rivera was granted mercy for his drug testing suspension. The Dominican lightweight was issued a six-month suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which stemmed from a positive drug test surrounding his lopsided defeat to Frank Martin last December 17 at The
    [Click Here To Read More]

Was the weight-drain worth it? He lost the weight, lost the fight, lost his reputation, and lost money! I hope he bounces back @ 140, because he's only 24, but hope he learned a valuable lesson too!
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg Smash Smash like this.

Comment

As long as the commissions keep being soft on cheaters, they will continue to cheat.
      Zaroku Zaroku MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Nowadays a poor fighter can't even eat some contaminated meat with half a dozen eggs. In what kind of cruel world are we living?
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 03-21-2023, 12:55 PM.

Comment

His purse was only $100k.. smh PBC not paying that loot any longer

Comment

Boxing is a pathetic joke. Make it mandatory for all to Vada 24/7/365 or do nothing at all. Have the commissions along with promotional agencies (WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO) foot the bill collectively. Inform all the athletes, if you aren’t enrolled in 24/7/365 you aren’t getting sanctioned. Period, end of story. Anything short of this and all of boxing, including commissions condones PED use. Either go all in or make all PED use legal to level the playing field.
            Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 03-21-2023, 01:54 PM.
            Zaroku Zaroku The D3vil The D3vil like this.

Comment

6 month suspension? HAHAHAH. I love how they give a suspension period equal to the same time most fighters take between their matches. It's a JOKE.

If I were a fighter and knew that my punishment would be to take my usual rest, juice me TF UP! I

I spoke about this in another thread with some other dude. The crime for being caught should be CAREER CHANGING/ENDING. No 6/8 month suspensions. Let's do 3 YEARS! You can substantially take a huge hit on your career, but continue after those 3 years is up (as long you're probably not pushing 40).

Comment

So his 9 month suspension got reduced to 6 months but since it's retroactive to the fight date, really he's only suspended for 3 months.

Comment

Lol at this point nearly all world class boxers are on peptides/designer drugs that aren't even detectable or illegal for that matter. The only ones who get caught are the lower end fighters who don't have the money to pay for them.
                  Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

When is the BBBoC going to issue a suspension to Eggs Bennedict? Or are they just going to let him slide?

Comment

Working...
                    X