Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez-Plant Fight Creates Long-Term Super Middle Intrigue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez-Plant Fight Creates Long-Term Super Middle Intrigue

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's a big week for the super middleweight division. The biggest fight of the upcoming weekend puts the 168-pounders on the marquee, with the top contenders - according to the WBC - squaring off at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo Alvarez is the WBC's champion in the division, so the 12-rounder matching David Benavidez and Caleb Plant essentially serves as an eliminator for the next high-profile shot at weight class supremacy after the pound-for-pound stalwart returns from an eight-month absence to face John Ryder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think round 8 KO for Benavidez. I believe that round 6 is when his will is imposed and it takes 2 rounds to put it away.

Comment

Calzaghe & Ward both beat Canelo with smart boxing & not getting baited in. Even with an Eddie Hearn 4 round pre fill on all the card's.

Comment

Thanks to PBC, even if it's in-house, for making Benavidez-Plant. We are to find out David's level.

​​​​​​Interesting take about Canelo vs Calzaghe. I'm not so sure Canelo woulve beaten him. Calzaghe had that kinda active boxing style like Bivol, but not as precise and as good a defence.

It would've been interesting. I'll say this, even when Canelo has been outboxed, he doesn't get really badly hurt, like a Roberto Duran.

The 'Hands of Stone' was incredibly tough, just that once when he got shockingly ko'd cold with one punch by Hearns, who was one of boxings greatest punchers. But I digress, Benavidez and Plant will be intriguing.

Comment

I hope we get Morrell Jr. vs. Andrade soon! That's very "intriguing!' PBC, Make It Happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
            Calzaghe & Ward both beat Canelo with smart boxing & not getting baited in. Even with an Eddie Hearn 4 round pre fill on all the card's.
            Calslappy? Hell nah. And Im not a saul fan at all.
            Last edited by El_Mero; 03-21-2023, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I hope we get Morrell Jr. vs. Andrade soon! That's very "intriguing!' PBC, Make It Happen!
              Itll be a ppv the way pbc does business

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Itll be a ppv the way pbc does business
                God, I hope not! Matias vs. Ponce wasn't, and that was for a belt!

El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Ward stopped Kovalev with "a flurry of body shots". lol

Comment

Calzaghe is one of the most overrated fighters of all time…his best win at 168 was against Jeff Lacey…Jeff fricken Lacey and you still got idiots out here talking like he was a prime Mike Tyson foh

Comment

Working...
                    X