Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Backs Caleb Plant To Stop David Benavidez in Late Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Backs Caleb Plant To Stop David Benavidez in Late Rounds

This Saturday night, former two-time WBC super middleweight champion David Benavidez will collide with former IBF super middleweight champion Caleb Plant in a high stakes grudge match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would not be overly surprised if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      I would not be overly surprised if that happens.
      The whole bumavidez camp knows no defense. They block punches with their faces and have no lateral movement. Gameplan is to overwhelm your opponents with offense. Which is great when ur fighting the bums bumavidez has but when u get to legit competition that flaw is gonna come up more

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

The whole bumavidez camp knows no defense. They block punches with their faces and have no lateral movement. Gameplan is to overwhelm your opponents with offense. Which is great when ur fighting the bums bumavidez has but when u get to legit competition that flaw is gonna come up more
        In general, I've always seen Plant as the more intelligent fighter between these two. He can win, provided he doesn't get caught early-ish by something big. I'm betting on Plant this weekend.

Comment

Plant is getting stopped David is the real deal

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
            That could very well happen, too.

I'm not a supporter of either fighter, but can't wait to see the fight.

Comment

Benavidez is still the mystery element in this fight. We know he can walk down cab drivers with ease, but can he to someone with a solid ring IQ?

If Plant comes in as focused as he lets on and uses his intelligence, he can take it. His problem is he gasses under pressure. And Benavidez knows pressure.

I'm still 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                Agreed - I think a lot of the pre-fight hype and countdown shows (All-Acces , Revenge Tour) are painting Caleb as a 50-50 live dog, but I really don’t see a scenario in which Plant walks away a winner. I’m putting 1k on David.

Comment

Tell Shawn just because he got stopped by some weak asS shots from Budd that doesn't mean Benavidez about to be, in fact I say Benavidez stops Plant worst than Canelo and sooner too, and I like both guys but I just see what others don't and that's Benavidez a bad MF'er!
                  rudy rudy Ropeydope Ropeydope like this.

Comment

There’s a reason why he has continually drained himself to unhealthy levels for years because he is a monster in the division. He knows the moment he moves up the gig is over. This is why his father and David himself won’t move up. The monsters of the division Bivol/Beterbiev show him what the sweet science is about. His father knows he won’t be able to employ the only tactic he knows to utilize (walking someone down). Beterbiev will stand his ground and violently KO Bene while Bivol would box him senseless and counter with ease.

Comment

Working...
                    X