Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Pacquiao-Benn Is 'Ready to Go', Just Depends on Opponent Selection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Pacquiao-Benn Is 'Ready to Go', Just Depends on Opponent Selection

Promoter Eddie Hearn says the only hurdle to making a fight between his client Conor Benn and Manny Pacquiao fight is whether or not his team actually decides to offer the Filipino icon a deal.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not gonna lie, I've watched every Pac fight live since Barrera-Pac 1 (then found fights prior to that to revisit), but I didn't even attempt Pac's latest match against the Korean dude. Not live. I caught some highlights days later and really had zero desire to care. Knowing these exhibition matches are meaningless against records and rankings really takes a lot of the care from them. The only exhibition match I enjoyed was Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. because well, Tyson, lol.

I don't see any reason for Pac to do this other than he really enjoys boxing that much and still can't let it go. I don't think money is that big a deal for him. Sure, he might not do so well if he lived in the US, but he doesn't. He lives in the Philippines where he's basically living a Tony Montana life style. Armed guards surrounding his property. Plenty of money making investments over there. He's set for life over there. I just think he wants to continue because it's all he's known since he was a kid. Unfortunately as a long time fan, it sucks to see.

Comment

while may weather faces nobody's in exhibition fights more than half the stadiums is empty. guy is such a fraud

Comment

So you fail multiple drug tests for steroids while uploading photos of yourself looking like ****ing Buzz Lightyear on gear, and you get rewarded by getting a mega fight with a legend

I ****ing hate this sport so much sometimes.....most times

Comment

they should just get rid of drug testing if the guys who test positive are being rewarded. i mean they're all using PEDs anyway...let's see some f.uckin dingers!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            So you fail multiple drug tests for steroids while uploading photos of yourself looking like ****ing Buzz Lightyear on gear, and you get rewarded by getting a mega fight with a legend

I ****ing hate this sport so much sometimes.....most times
            Yeah it’s a disgrace if it actually happens.

One thing I will say though is this fight ain’t as far along as the likes of Hearn and Gibbons are suggesting. They keep telling us “Pacquiao wants it” but Pac hasn’t even acknowledged this fight yet to my knowledge.

Pacquiao is definitely still yet to publicly confirm his intentions to take this fight. Benn, Hearn and Gibbons wanna use his name for a payday but does Pacquiao really wanna sell his name to a nobody like Conor Benn?

Why not just do an exhibition with Floyd, Oscar, Khan etc or some other cash grab sh** like that. I still think the idea of Pacquiao returning to fight Benn is very far-fetched.

Comment

Sad to see Pacquiao so desperate for a payday. Wish these guys learn how to manage their money better.

Comment

This isn't the same Pacquiao of a few years ago. Guaranteed Pacquiao gets stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by maespinoza1990 View Post
                  while may weather faces nobody's in exhibition fights more than half the stadiums is empty. guy is such a fraud
                  Why bring Mayweathers name up? Some of y'all are still butttt hurt over his career... He's clearly mr irrelevant... I don't get it...

Comment

I'm sorry to sound like a 'loony leftie*', but all boxing fans should boycott this fight. Seriously, Manny's twilight doesn't need to be lit by a toe rag like Conor Benn.

[*The author IS a loony leftie who believes in health care for all, opposes the death penalty, can't believe Americans are still so dumb on gun ownership & accepts scientific evidence on climate change].

Comment

Working...
                    X