Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Jr. In Search Of A Revival, In And Out Of The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Jr. In Search Of A Revival, In And Out Of The Ring

By Jake Donovan - Whether a fresh start or an entirely new direction, Joseph 'JoJo' Diaz is in desperate need of a makeover. The former IBF junior lightweight titlist is hopeful of a career turnaround beginning with this weekend's showdown with fringe contender Mercito Gesta. Their bout was upgraded to main event status after original headliner Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez (44-1, 30KOs) was grossly above the contracted weight for his eventually canceled light heavyweight clash versus Gabriel Rosado.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good opportunity for both fighters. Gesta is going to get this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Agoncillo View Post
      Good opportunity for both fighters. Gesta is going to get this one.
      I enjoy watching Jo Jo fight. The article kinda talked about it is a come back type fight if i read it right and if so so be it. Get back Jo Jo get back to where you once belonged....
      I got Jo Jo winning this one not for any particular reason other then a hunch and a hope that he will go in there and show himself and show some things he has not displayed recently. That and i have got to pull for one of the two fighters or it is not that interesting of a fight. I did not like how he said "after" i do this or that to him. i will be somebody. Keep to the task at hand in the ring today. Dont look past any fighter or fight or you just might find yourself on your back.

Comment

Nobody should be rooting for Diaz. The guy failed to make weight again in his pro career.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
          Nobody should be rooting for Diaz. The guy failed to make weight again in his pro career.
          He missed weight again?

If he doesn't become disciplined enough to drop back down to 130,this "revival" isn't leading anywhere. Fun boxer to watch but is seriously outgunned at lightweight.

Comment

I like JoJo but i don't know is he really just so lazy or why he can't make weight but maybe he should take a break from boxing to get his focus back. He should be at 130

Comment

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post
              I like JoJo but i don't know is he really just so lazy or why he can't make weight but maybe he should take a break from boxing to get his focus back. He should be at 130
              Ever notice that when the fight is on DAZN there are issues with making weight, there are issues with drugs. As if the Dazn group dont have enough garbage they are putting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

He missed weight again?

If he doesn't become disciplined enough to drop back down to 130,this "revival" isn't leading anywhere. Fun boxer to watch but is seriously outgunned at lightweight.
                Yeah he came in 3 lbs heavy. While it’s nothing compared to Ramirez’s 12 lbs over the limit, it’s still unprofessional and unfair to the opponent who did the work to make weight and it slightly puts them at a disadvantage. Hopefully Gesta pulls off the upset so that this can serve as a wake up call for Diaz

Comment

Nobody should be rooting for Diaz, read the article.

Diaz was accused of attempting to entice or coerce a minor into engaging in sexual acts through use of mail or any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, according to the complaint. The alleged victim was just 17 at the time of the September 2020 incident. According to the complaint, Diaz’s father confirmed that the boxer did in fact send the image, though by mistake in citing excessive drinking as the cause of the mishap.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                    Nobody should be rooting for Diaz, read the article.

Diaz was accused of attempting to entice or coerce a minor into engaging in sexual acts through use of mail or any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, according to the complaint. The alleged victim was just 17 at the time of the September 2020 incident. According to the complaint, Diaz’s father confirmed that the boxer did in fact send the image, though by mistake in citing excessive drinking as the cause of the mishap.
                    I remember hearing about that. Diaz also got arrested 2 1/2 weeks ago I think it was for child neglect.

Comment

Working...
                    X