Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matchroom CEO Responds To Joshua Buatsi, Claims of Inactivity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matchroom CEO Responds To Joshua Buatsi, Claims of Inactivity

The CEO of Matchroom Boxing feels his company did everything to keep Joshua Buatsi a happy and active fighter. Buatsi, the highly regarded British light heavyweight contender, made headlines this week when he announced a return to the Sky Sports platform under a long-term promotional agreement with Sky's chief content provider, Boxxer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whichever way they wanna spin it, Matchroom did a poor job with Buatsi, he was the hottest commodity from the 2016 GB squad yet his pro career hasn’t delivered whatsoever.

The matchmaking was too safe IMO. He should’ve been put on a similar path to Okolie and put through the proper levels. Commonwealth, British, European and then World. Instead he fought overmatched imports for ranking titles and people quickly lost interest.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Azeez beats Buatsi tbh. I hope Boxxer make that fight for later in 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Whichever way they wanna spin it, Matchroom did a poor job with Buatsi, he was the hottest commodity from the 2016 GB squad yet his pro career hasn’t delivered whatsoever.

The matchmaking was too safe IMO. He should’ve been put on a similar path to Okolie and put through the proper levels. Commonwealth, British, European and then World. Instead he fought overmatched imports for ranking titles and people quickly lost interest.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Azeez beats Buatsi tbh. I hope Boxxer make that fight for later in 2023.
      I agree but a promoter will never admit that
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Buatsi will probably have to fight 3, 4 maybe even 5 times to earn that million under boxxer, time will tell who was to blame for the matchmaking and inactivity, if Buatsi was at fault for not being ready when dates were offered then he will most likely continue to do same under boxxer, or is he going to start boxing least 3 times a year as he should have been from start...

Comment

Josh is a bright guy and probably knows if his unbeaten record went to Bivol he would be at the mercy of Hearns games with four fights on a low ball pay and nowhere to turn. Everyone has just witnessed how he tried to screw Lawerence Oklie , when the Rolex trick didn't work. Ben at Sky/boxxer is a breath of fresh air and seems like a very fair kid , I hope that doesn't change...

Comment

Sky Sports' boxing budget currently serves mainly as a charity for entitled woke victims.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
              Sky Sports' boxing budget currently serves mainly as a charity for entitled woke victims.
              Well I wished they would have used their budget to pay those weak inbreds from running up in the Capitol building on Jan 6th because they don't get anymore woke than that!
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Well I wished they would have used their budget to pay those weak inbreds from running up in the Capitol building on Jan 6th because they don't get anymore woke than that!
                Yea, must be a proper fuk up having only 2 options to choose from, republican talibans vs woke talibans.

Comment

Buatai is a physically strong, tough fighter. Yes, he would've had his ears boxed off by Bivol, and I think he probably knows that would be likely.

Interesting comment by Smith, that Buatdi said he's always training, but was on vacation.

I wouldn't begrudge these fighters going on a long vacation regularly, because this sport is brutal.
                  Oldskoolg Oldskoolg thack thack like this.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
                    Buatsi will probably have to fight 3, 4 maybe even 5 times to earn that million under boxxer
                    Based on what?

Boxxer are with Sky the biggest broadcaster in the UK by miles.

Liam Smith got a far bigger purse with Boxxer than he ever got with Matchroom.

On top of that MR had matching rights on Buatsi so evidently failed to match what Boxxer are prepared to pay him.
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg Fact Fact like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X