Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez To Return on Haney-Lomachenko Card, May 20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez To Return on Haney-Lomachenko Card, May 20

Former two-time world champion Oscar Valdez will be returning to the ring on May 20th, as part of the undercard to the undisputed lightweight title showdown between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Devin Haney. The card takes place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

At least Oscar Valdez fighting in the card will make up for all the excessive holding by Devin Haney

Comment

Not sure if he’d be ready to get back in the ring by May but I’d like to see Liam Wilson get another opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Not sure if he’d be ready to get back in the ring by May but I’d like to see Liam Wilson get another opportunity.
        It would be a good build up fight for Valdez / Navarette.
        He'd make it a fun fight but I think Valdez sharpness and power does Wilspn in sooner than Navarette did.

Comment

Since Oscar Valdez is ranked third place in the WBC rankings, I think he should fight a fellow patriot called Eduardo "Rocky" Hernandez who's ranked second. He has been in a tear ever since he lost to a World Champion in Roger Gutierez at 22 years old.

Rocky Hernandez I.jpg

Rocky Hernandez II.jpg
          Last edited by Feroz; 03-16-2023, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

It would be a good build up fight for Valdez / Navarette.
            He'd make it a fun fight but I think Valdez sharpness and power does Wilspn in sooner than Navarette did.
            Exactly what I was thinking. If the timeframe works I think it’s the obvious choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Exactly what I was thinking. If the timeframe works I think it’s the obvious choice.
              Wilson deserves it IMO.
              Exposed Navarette to a certain extent.

Comment

Very nice card. Robert Arum doing right

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

Wilson deserves it IMO.
                  Exposed Navarette to a certain extent.
                  Yeah 100%, Navarrette got some home cooking from the referee that night.

Comment

Sounds like it will be a rematch with Adam Lopez, which I was actually gonna suggest as a possibility. Think it makes sense, Valdez will be a heavy favorite so it's not a crazy risk with Vaquero waiting, but Lopez will also always bring the heat and their first fight was fun, competitive and slightly controversial. So it makes sense to give Lopez another shot with more time to prepare and you get another guaranteed action fight that Valdez SHOULD win to set up the mega fight with Navarrete

Comment

Working...
                    X