Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Ryan Garcia Fight Is Definitely Big for Boxing, We're Both Hungry & Explosive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Ryan Garcia Fight Is Definitely Big for Boxing, We're Both Hungry & Explosive

LOS ANGELES - Gervonta Davis walked into The Beverly Hilton for the second leg of his kickoff press tour to announce his April 22 fight against Ryan Garcia with gamesmanship top of mind.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight is BIG for boxing! I just find it sad that is way BIGGER than Haney vs. Lomachenko! It is what it is!

Comment

now that is what we like to hear...

here is for an explosive fight night
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        This fight is BIG for boxing! I just find it sad that is way BIGGER than Haney vs. Lomachenko! It is what it is!
        I wouldn't say its sad, but I understand where you're coming from. Neither Haney nor Loma are big draws or PPV fighters, and only the hardcore boxing fans are familiar with their names. Tank sells out venues every fight and is a PPV attraction with a fan friendly style that ends fights with KOs. Garcia is fast and powerful, and has a huge social media following. Ryan isn't a huge draw yet, but bigger than Haney and Loma.

If Devin would have fought Loma or Teo for undisputed, instead of Kambosas, who no one knew before he beat Lopez, then it may have blown up his name and legitimacy amongst the fans, writers, and his colleagues.

But, through no fault of his own, he's just not seen as the guy in the division that everyone wants to fight. That guy is Tank because of the instant change it can have on his opponent's life, purse, and recognition.

Comment

Fight of the year candidate and it hasn't even happened yet

Comment

Yes more will be revealed on the fight date. It is a big fight for reasons that will be answered in the ring not in the build up. I call it Street vs Sweet i think everyone knows who sweetie is. So lets dispense with the statagy and ring plans. Lets see if Sweets is the soft pc of manufactured boxer some believe he is. One fight where he got off the mat is not going to be anything like what G.Davis is going to attempt and succeed in doing to Sweets. Street going to show n expose the boy for what he is not. If street dont do that much and more he will not be able to live with himself, the fight fans will walk away from him like nobodies bussiness. And that is why Street is going to take care of bussiness in the ring.

Comment

The fight is sold out and I got my tickets can’t wait until next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

I wouldn't say its sad, but I understand where you're coming from. Neither Haney nor Loma are big draws or PPV fighters, and only the hardcore boxing fans are familiar with their names. Tank sells out venues every fight and is a PPV attraction with a fan friendly style that ends fights with KOs. Garcia is fast and powerful, and has a huge social media following. Ryan isn't a huge draw yet, but bigger than Haney and Loma.

If Devin would have fought Loma or Teo for undisputed, instead of Kambosas, who no one knew before he beat Lopez, then it may have blown up his name and legitimacy amongst the fans, writers, and his colleagues.

But, through no fault of his own, he's just not seen as the guy in the division that everyone wants to fight. That guy is Tank because of the instant change it can have on his opponent's life, purse, and recognition.
                Like I said, "it is what it is!" I just pray that the WBA orders the Winner of Haney vs. Lomachenko to fight Tank, after the Tank vs. Garcia fight! That would help the division immensely!

Comment

B-Hop in the background looking like an O.G.

Comment

Will he still be explosive if he can't rehydrate? Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                    X