Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Buatsi Explains Return To Sky Sports: I'm Not Going To Tell You To Download an App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Buatsi Explains Return To Sky Sports: I'm Not Going To Tell You To Download an App

Joshua Buatsi has opened up on why he ditched DAZN in order to fight on Sky Sports under the Boxxer banner. The light-heavyweight has been part of Eddie Hearn's Matchroom stable ever since he turned over in the wake of the 2016 Rio Olympics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wish every boxer had this opinion. You should be able to just tune in and watch, why we gotta overcomplicate it and on top of that pay a gazillion dollars?

Comment

DAZN being an app isn't an issue. DAZN being the most expensive app with very little content is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        DAZN being an app isn't an issue. DAZN being the most expensive app with very little content is.
        Yeah, I have Showtime, not just for Boxing, but for many other programs! I only have DAZN for Boxing, and that might not be for long, if PBC and GBP keep playing nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Exactly

I don't know why people are complaining that it's not on TV when you can download the app to any Smart TV anyway, so that's not an issue unless your TV Is decades old

the issue is being double the amount of Netflix or prime but with poor content and now PPV on top

Comment

I think with the obviously grim situation with DAZN Josh is doing what's right for himself .Good move I think .Ben is really on the move with Sky. Dazn seem all over the place and continuously go back on their word and with their massive hike in subscription fee's and now reverting back to PPv for fights they said would be inc. ...Has 'straight Eddie' said PPV is dead !! I think it's DAZN that's dead !
            Last edited by thack; 03-15-2023, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Ironically, sky sports and sky box office force customers to use the most dreadful apps I’ve ever used for PC which has no rewind or pause while DAZN works on a browser with all of those features

Comment

Eddie Sperm and DeeZNuts take another L.

Comment

Why cry about an app? HBOMax, Netflix, etc, etc. Everybody uses apps with no problem. Most people are watching illegal streams, anyway.

Comment

The issue isn't the app. If DAZN had Premier League rights, people would download it, no problem.

They don't have PL rights - and they didn't close the BT deal.

The next chance to get them is 2025.

I don't think PDC Darts is enough to get many more subscriber's either (run by Matchroom), but those right aren't available until 2025 either!

2025 will be a big year for DAZN, but going to be a loooong 2 years for them. They need to hope the rest of their roster is more loyal.

Comment

Working...
                    X