Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Optimistic To Make Cross-Promotional Fights With Haymon Moving Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Optimistic To Make Cross-Promotional Fights With Haymon Moving Forward

LOS ANGELES - Golden Boy Promotions chairman Oscar De La Hoya and Premier Boxing Champions head Al Haymon have had an icy relationship for better parts of the last decade. De La Hoya once sued Haymon in 2015 seeking $300 million alleging Haymon repeatedly violated antitrust laws and the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If GBP is trying harder to make fights with PBC, they might as well get off DAZN, and join SHO! Oscar seeking a better relationship with Haymon, than he is with Eddie Hearn!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      If GBP is trying harder to make fights with PBC, they might as well get off DAZN, and join SHO! Oscar seeking a better relationship with Haymon, than he is with Eddie Hearn!
      The GBP, and DAZN promotion's relationship has bee on a rocky road ever since Canelo left GBP, and if I remember correctly bringing a lawsuit against both.
      GBP should continue to work with both PBC, DAZN, and any other boxing promoter's in order to land the best fight's available.
      By the way "What Are You Talking About Willis", in the business world you've got to try to work with everybody, in order to be as successful as possible.
      Last edited by Boricua181; 03-14-2023, 07:07 AM.

Comment

hope more promoters work with each other, its what we need the best fight the best. We could have some wonderful match up's.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

The GBP, and DAZN promotion's relationship has bee on a rocky road ever since Canelo left GBP, and if I remember correctly bringing a lawsuit against both.
          GBP should continue to work with both PBC, DAZN, and any other boxing promoter's in order to land the best fight's available.
          By the way "What Are You Talking About Willis", in the business world you've got to try to work with everybody, in order to be as successful as possible.
          Well, if I'm an Exec at DAZN, I'm wondering why Oscar is working harder to get Munguia vs. Charlo, than he was Munguia vs. GGG, or Andrade, when they were both at DAZN? Why did he steer Ryan Garcia away from Haney, when Haney was on DAZN, but worked aggressively to get Tank Davis vs. Ryan Garcia? Co-Promotions are good, but not as good as sole promoter, from a business sense!

Comment

Well, if I'm an Exec at DAZN, I'm wondering why Oscar is working harder to get Munguia vs. Charlo, than he was Munguia vs. GGG, or Andrade, when they were both at DAZN? Why did he steer Ryan Garcia away from Haney, when Haney was on DAZN, but worked aggressively to get Tank Davis vs. Ryan Garcia? Co-Promotions are good, but not as good as sole promoter, from a business sense!
            Its called money.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Its called money.
              If I give you a contract to bring content to my platform, I don't really want you taking your biggest attractions, to my competitor! I'm sure DAZN is happy with Vergil Ortiz Jr. fighting Stanionis on DAZN. I doubt they really want to share money with SHO (most of the pot going to SHO) for Davis vs. Garcia, or Charlo vs. Munguia.
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

De La Hoya Optimistic To Make Cross-Promotional Fights With Haymon Moving Forward

I don't get it...
                ​Why does Oscar think that???
                What makes Oscar think that???

Comment

DLH has seemed like he’s never really cared for young Edward. DLH is an American promoter and I don’t think any of the American promoters were fans of Hearn when he came to the usa thinking he was entitled to being #1 and Haymon, Arum, and DLH would have to bow to him

Comment

This is positive talk that we should all welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X