Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francis Ngannou Hopes To Secure Two-Fight Deal For Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Francis Ngannou Hopes To Secure Two-Fight Deal For Deontay Wilder

Former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou is still eager to push ahead with his ambition of having a boxing match with a top-rated pugilist. The man Ngannou wants to face is former WBC world champion Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There is a very high chance that you spend all of this time making a 2 fight deal and then there is no point in doing the second fight because you got hit so hard everyone was scared you were going to die.

Comment

Booooooooomb squaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

I can kinda see the appeal and interest for this and, I hope Francis gets what he deserves financially after having been abused by the UFC for so long.

Let's not kid ourselves though, this is (to a lesser extent) the exact same as Conor coming over to boxing to fight the best straight away. If Francis was serious about getting in to boxing (which he obviously isn't) then he'd at least be having a few tune ups. I think I'd probably favor Helenius who, Wilder ko'd in the 1st round in his last fight to beat Francis. It is just a completely different sport.

I'll probs still watch it as I did Conor vs May.

Comment

Respect for wilder skyrocketed . Figure dillan Whyte cause a former kickboxer would have been the only boxer to take the MMA challenge

Comment

Ngannou would have much better chance against Joshua ,.Although Wilders boxing skills can be questioned by some , he will look like a master in comparison to Ngannou . Wilder KO's him twice then! ....shame when there's brilliant boxing match ups to be made !

Comment

This is a massive cross over fight that sells & Wilder has stated that he cam back to make big fight's meaning money.
              Ngannou, though many will tell you his first love is boxing, he cannot box. Fat lad Derrick Lewis out boxed Ngannou because he was to scared to engage. Gane was picking him off until Ngannou took him to the ground & just layed on him.

Still, I hope it happens, boxing fan since the 80s ufc fan since i hired the first few out on vhs bitd. Love both.

Comment

Is this an indication that PBC can't make any big fights for Wilder in boxing?

It seems that PBC have run out of any viable options within their ranks for Wilder, as Jared Anderson is still too green and Ruiz has left PBC.

The likes of Haymon, Finkel, Dees & Espinosa have certainly burned their bridges with Matchroom, while the likes of Joe Joyce with Queensberry have much easier options available to him. It does seem that the options for Wilder are pretty limited now.

Comment

This is easy money for Wilder , it's interesting though because Francis Ngannou always has a punchers chance. I see Wilder winning by decapitation.
                  I can't see them making the money that these guys are going to want outside of Saudi , Dubai , or Vegas.

Comment

It'll be a big money fight because of the MMA vs Boxing narrative. As inept as Wilder can be in the ring at times, he is going to destroy Francis within 3 rounds. Francis is gassed out after 2-3 rounds in MMA without grappling, he will not have the endurance to last with someone that has been doing it for a long time. Unlessssssssssss...Francis lands one of those nuclear shots on Wilder's chin. I guess that's what we are enamored by, the "what if".

Comment

Working...
                    X