Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Takam Outworks, Shocks Tony Yoka To Secure Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carlos Takam Outworks, Shocks Tony Yoka To Secure Decision Win

It's all the way back to the drawing board for Tony Yoka. A second straight defeat was dealt to the 2016 Olympic Gold medalist, who was outworked by 42-year-old Carlos Takam over ten rounds. The judges did their best to deny the upset, as Yoka won 96-94 on one card. It was overruled by still too-close scores of 96-94 from the other two judges to provide Takam with a split decision victory in their ESPN+/Canal+/Sky Sports televised heavyweight bout Saturday evening at Zenith de Paris-La Villette in Paris, France.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-11-2023, 06:22 PM.

French Olympic gold medalist Tony Yoka will return in a 10-round main event this Saturday, March 11, against former world title challenger Carlos Takam at Zenith Paris in Paris, France.

Yoka-Takam and undercard bouts will stream live and exclusively in the U.S. on ESPN+ starting at 2:45 p.m. ET/11:45 a.m. PT.​

Comment

Looks like Yoka's people are matching him in a comeback fight vs an old journeyman, after his loss to Bakole.

Comment

3 cards tomorrow full day of boxing , I like that this one is in the afternoon.....

Comment

Prime Takam wins and probably by KO.. but surely he's too washed now? as fragile as Yoka is...
          i thought Takam was done at the top level when he was KO'd cold by a juicy Povetkin, and here he is 10 years later at 42 years old

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            Prime Takam wins and probably by KO.. but surely he's too washed now? as fragile as Yoka is...
            i thought Takam was done at the top level when he was KO'd cold by a juicy Povetkin, and here he is 10 years later at 42 years old
            He fought bravely against Makhmudov, lasted the full distance and also hit him with some nice overhands. If Yoka is as unstable as he was vs Bakole, even this version of Takam would be enough. In fact, I have put a few notes on him...

Comment

Tuned in now. Fighter is pissed about the wrong walk out music lol

Comment

8-0-1 Farrhad Saad vs 17-3-1 (3 KOs) Macaulay McGowan up first

Comment

Not a fan of how they have the time setup on the broadcast.

Comment

Wasn’t paying complete attention, but the fight was ruled a draw.

Comment

Working...
                    X