Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Makes a Move at Featherweight: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Makes a Move at Featherweight: Weekend Afterthoughts

Featherweight has seen a lot of shake-ups in the last year or so. Gary Russell Jr. lost, Emanuel Navarrete left, and a new trio of titlists (Rey Vargas, Luis Lopez, and Mauricio Lara) were crowned. Vargas got there by way of Mark Magsayo, the man who upset Russell, and if Brandon Figueroa is ultimately to be crowned with the WBC's diadem in the division, his road too will have crossed with Magsayo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Figueroa would demolish Vargas' long, lanky frame with body shots, and Rey doesn't have enough power to keep him off of him. I think that he would eventually walk down Lopez as well, but Lara would be a very interesting fight. Mauricio would make Brandon cautious about staying in the pocket, or recklessly attacking his body because any shot that Lara lands clean could be the last of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
      Figueroa would demolish Vargas' long, lanky frame with body shots, and Rey doesn't have enough power to keep him off of him. I think that he would eventually walk down Lopez as well, but Lara would be a very interesting fight. Mauricio would make Brandon cautious about staying in the pocket, or recklessly attacking his body because any shot that Lara lands clean could be the last of the fight.
      That's "THE FIGHT!" Figueroa vs. Lara! However, we'll have to see Vargas first, because he's the WBC Champ!

Comment

Lopez is the man at 126.

Comment

I think Figueroa beats Vargas but Lopez and Lara are 2 guys he would have trouble with. Lara is a devastating puncher, Brandon can't eat those shots it wouldn't be in his best interested regardless of how good his chin is just look at what happened to his brother. Lopez is a good puncher with more technique than Lara and his movement along with his willingness to exchange should prove to be difficult but Figueroa has a much better shot against Lopez than he does against Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
            That's about the same way that I see it, Vargas get stopped with body shot's similar to how Brandon took out Luis "Scary" Nery, who's a tour de force himself.
            I believe he knocks out Lopez due to his advantages in height, reach, and power, but Lara would be a battle in which Brandon would have to guard against Lara's lethal left hook.
            Great analysis of the fighter's, and their styles once again Rebelrbg, you are capable of teaching classes on analytical boxing.
            You've got a sharp eye, and a keen mind for this sport's.
            Last edited by Boricua181; 03-07-2023, 07:30 PM.
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              That's "THE FIGHT!" Figueroa vs. Lara! However, we'll have to see Vargas first, because he's the WBC Champ!
              Fact's! Here's another fact Figueroa, pommels Vargas to his knees, with those vicious body shot's that he's so adept at connecting.

Comment

Hopefully Figueroa can successfully defend his title against anybody in featherweight to legitimize his victory over a game magsayo. I saw the fight a draw.

Comment

Working...
                X