Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magsayo Moving Up To 130 Pounds After 2nd Straight Defeat In Featherweight Title Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magsayo Moving Up To 130 Pounds After 2nd Straight Defeat In Featherweight Title Fights

ONTARIO, California - Back-to-back losses in featherweight title fights and a draining struggle to get down to 126 pounds last week have convinced Mark Magsayo that it's time for him to enter the junior lightweight division. Magsayo made his intentions known while he met with a small group of reporters in his locker room following his 12-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Brandon Figueroa on Saturday night at Toyota Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Feel like in exchange of having more stamina, he will lose the size advantage he had over his opposition in terms of overall reach and power. Not sure how he fair against the World Champions until he faces a gritty 130 pounder like let's say Conceicao or Hernandez.

Comment

It's only going to get tougher as there are some killers up at 130. Can ya imagine him against the likes of Valdez, Cordina, Foster, and Navarette lol although it's hard to see him reaching that far. Like Id be shocked if he beats Lamont Roach.

Comment

130 is wide open now with Shakur gone. Masgayo vs. Navarrete sounds appetizing.

Comment

I think he doesn't have enough power to hurt guys like Navarrete or Valdez. Maybe IDKSAB, but good luck to him

Comment

Magsayo is a solid fighter but doesn't do anything particularly great. This shows when he faces the top guys. He has decent pop but not elite and he doesn't throw enough.

He beat a one armed GRJ in a fight that shouldn't have been close and then was outboxed by Vargas and out-hustled by Figueroa.

Comment

to move up in weight successfully, meaning winning titles, you have to be an extremely skilled boxer, or have extraordinary power. Magsayo is just good in both categories. Still, he has a little bit of a name now so he'll make some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby817 View Post
                I think he doesn't have enough power to hurt guys like Navarrete or Valdez. Maybe IDKSAB, but good luck to him
                Yeah, you're on the right lines. I think he's be at a skill and power deficit to Valdez and not able to keep Navarette off him. Perhaps he can work to improve himself a bit.

Comment

Magsayo vs. Arboleda! Good co-main for Hector Luis Garcia vs. O'Shaquie Foster! PBC, make it happen! Actually I would like to see O'Shaquie Foster vs. Gary Russell Jr., even more!

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    Magsayo is a solid fighter but doesn't do anything particularly great. This shows when he faces the top guys. He has decent pop but not elite and he doesn't throw enough.

He beat a one armed GRJ in a fight that shouldn't have been close and then was outboxed by Vargas and out-hustled by Figueroa.
                    I actually thought GRJ did enough with one arm to get a draw!

Comment

Working...
                    X