Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Figueroa On Wide Win Against Magsayo: Honestly, I Thought It Was A Pretty Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Figueroa On Wide Win Against Magsayo: Honestly, I Thought It Was A Pretty Close Fight

ONTARIO, California - Mark Magsayo and his handlers aren't the only ones who think his fight against Brandon Figueroa was much closer than the three judges scored it. Figueroa acknowledged during his post-fight press conference Saturday night that their 12 rounds of action were more
    [Click Here To Read More]

I put money on magsayo to win and felt the score cards where way too wide but the right man won so at the end of the day that’s all that matters.

Comment

Figueroa at least admits that the fight was close. His corner was telling him to pressure more because his foe was doing so well early on.
      There were a few instances at the later rounds that Magsayo was throwing and landing sharp combination by the bunches, the problem was he could not sustain it and Figueroa would win that round with the consistent pressure and higher output.

Comment

I had it 115-111 Fig. Without point deductions, which is another complaint in itself, the fight would've been a draw.
        Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Magsayo put up a pretty good fight. But the way Figueroa stated it was exactly what I saw in this fight. When someone fights Brandon, they have a different job to do. He's quite a different fighter to go against. Now let's see how the Vargas fight goes. Looking forward to that one. Showtime is on a roll.

Comment

I had it 8-4. Without counting the point deductions.

commentary was so bias , even rd six they gave credit to magsayo for taking the rd off ! Wth is that

Comment

I had it 7-5 for a 115-111. It was extremely close and I had Magsayo winning those early mid rds but he wore down. It's subjective and a lot of rds were close but it's hard not to give the fighter you're rooting for the close rds. Seemed as though the judges and ref were rooting for Fig.

I'm glad the right guy won but judges everywhere are either inept or really paid off.
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X