Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magsayo: Referee Was One-Sided; Figueroa Was Holding Me, Too; That's Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magsayo: Referee Was One-Sided; Figueroa Was Holding Me, Too; That's Boxing

ONTARIO, California - Mark Magsayo couldn't believe it when referee Thomas Taylor took a point from him for holding and hitting Brandon Figueroa during the eighth round Saturday night. A dismayed Magsayo called Taylor's second deduction for the same infraction in the 11th round "crazy" during a post-
    [Click Here To Read More]

I will give him that the scores were too wide, he did very well and showed a lot of heart and skills.

The holding he did was excessive and was locking Figueroa's arm so blatantly, he got more than enough warnings but they could had not taken the second point.

Comment

I agreed with the result and the first point deduction, I disagreed with the scores and the second point deduction. All in all Figueroa won clearly but Magsayo gave a hell of a fight

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        I will give him that the scores were too wide, he did very well and showed a lot of heart and skills.

The holding he did was excessive and was locking Figueroa's arm so blatantly, he got more than enough warnings but they could had not taken the second point.
        Agree with this other than imo both point deductions were ok.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Agree with this other than imo both point deductions were ok.
          He got warned multiple times with lowering his head the way he was so either way he was going to get a second point deducted. All that holding and lowering the head like that signals a fighter that is at lost at time in what to do with all the pressure.

Comment

Shut up dude.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

He got warned multiple times with lowering his head the way he was so either way he was going to get a second point deducted. All that holding and lowering the head like that signals a fighter that is at lost at time in what to do with all the pressure.
              Yeah. I thought he kept ducking like that because the body shots were hurting him badly.
              goforsuns14@gmail.com Wolfie likes this.

Comment

Let it go! And don't mention Floyd's name, fangirls will crucify you!

Comment

The wide scores and Magsayo gassing were the most disappointing parts of the fight, but overall a close, entertaining contest. Figueroa won, and in the late rounds, was putting an enormous amount of pressure on him, and exhausting him with the body shots.

It was a very close fight because of Mark was landing the cleaner, more eye catching blows, and won his fair share of the rounds, especially in the first half of the fight. To be fair, they both were holding when they needed to, but because Magsayo's gas tank was failing him, he held more often.

Comment

From a guy I didn't know much about to my least favorite fighter in one fight. Impressive.

Dude should not talk about Floyd. I can criticize Floyd for many things, but this guy hasn't got half of Floyd's talent.

Dude sounds like an unbelievable whiny turd. I thought maybe he would be honest and say, I got tired and didn't fight as well as I wanted to. I'll be back. Something classy. He got hurt multiple times in the fight and was surviving the entire last half. You don't win fights with flurries and holding.

Fig took it to him and made him look foolish.
                    goforsuns14@gmail.com Wolfie likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X