Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erickson Lubin Open To Errol Spence Showdown: "I Think It's A Great Fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erickson Lubin Open To Errol Spence Showdown: "I Think It's A Great Fight"

Although it's been years since Keith Thurman openly ignored the perpetual call-outs of a young up-and-coming Errol Spence Jr., the current unified champion at 147 pounds is still holding a grudge.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Definitely would love to see that fight

Comment

Hammer, why not fiight Berlanga?? Didn't u already BEAT the FU.KKKK OUTTA him in sparring b4?
      Go get u some easy money. Then u can "SPIN THE BLOCK" a few times b4 u fight Spence, since that's how he likes to do things.

Comment

No.Errol would disfigure u worse than fundora did slow ur roll lubin lol

Comment

In one breath you want to fight at 160, and in the next breath you want to fight Errol Spence.

Which one is it?
          real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Spence vs. Lubin is OK, but Spence vs. Fundora would be much better! What ever happened to Brian Castano? Did he retire? Lubin should fight Castano or Yoelvis Gomez!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Spence vs. Lubin is OK, but Spence vs. Fundora would be much better! What ever happened to Brian Castano? Did he retire? Lubin should fight Castano or Yoelvis Gomez!
              Spence vs fundora would b a WAR!! I'd love to see that fight. Isn't fundora next for Charlo tho, after the Harrison/tyszu winner? Lubin vs castano would b a perfect crossroads battle, winner would right back in contention. He could also go up to 160 and b charlo's comeback fight too if he's looking to cash out which it kinda sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by Erickson Lubin
                I definitely want to fight someone like Spence. I started my pro career at 47. Spence was the guy coming out of the amateurs at 147.
                Wrong. Spence fought at 69kg which is 152lbs. 52 is closer to 54 than it is 47.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                  Hammer, why not fiight Berlanga?? Didn't u already BEAT the FU.KKKK OUTTA him in sparring b4?
                  Go get u some easy money. Then u can "SPIN THE BLOCK" a few times b4 u fight Spence, since that's how he likes to do things.
                  The problem with making that fight is that Lubin fight's at 154, while Berlanga fight's at 168, Lubin would have to move up 14 pounds.
                  Gaining that much weight would really hamper his speed, and movement in the ring, which would put him at a considerable disadvantage.
                  I'd actually would like to see that fight at 168, but Lubin himself isn't calling for this fight himself, so I don't know where this is idea is being talked about.
                  Thinking that he would do as well as he did in sparring, in a real fight can be an enormous error on his part if he ever decides to go that route.
                  He engaged in a great fight against Fundora, but lost that fight, and came out looking like a monster in a horror movie, due to his face being so badly damaged.
                  Those types of beatings tend to leave lingering affects on the boxer, and leads to shortening their career's, but it would be an interesting fight to watch for the very reason that you mentioned in your post.
                  All that said Lubin would be one of Berlanga's toughest opponent if they were to fight, I would definitely watch that fight, but I wouldn't recommend that Lubin go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post

Spence vs fundora would b a WAR!! I'd love to see that fight. Isn't fundora next for Charlo tho, after the Harrison/tyszu winner? Lubin vs castano would b a perfect crossroads battle, winner would right back in contention. He could also go up to 160 and b charlo's comeback fight too if he's looking to cash out which it kinda sounds like.
                    Yes it would be, and I'd love to see that fight too. Watching to see how Spence would go about circumventing Fundora's height, and reach would be entertaining.
                    But you're right about Fundora's next fight up would be challenging Jermell Charlo for Charlo's title, but the caveat to that is Charlo next fight would be against the winner of Harrison/Tszyu.
                    Lubin vs Castano would definitely be a perfect crossroads battle, and the winner would be right back in contention. I wouldn't advise him moving up to the 160 pound division.

Someone on this platform also suggested that Lubin fight Berlanga, because he already ****ed him up in the past, but he failed to mention that occurred in a sparring secession.
                    From what I understand about that is that Berlanga had already gone a few rounds with another sparring partner or two, while Lubin hadn't, and was starting fresh ( not having sparred anyone)!
                    Moreover although Berlanga is about 3 1/2 inches taller, Lubin has a 1 1/2 inch reach advantage over him, something that Berlanga didn't probably know about.
                    I believe that fight's not going to happen because Lubin fight's at 154, and Berlanga fight's at 168. Lubin would have to move up 14 pounds which would effect his speed, and movement negatively.
                    Two attribute's that he would rely on heavily in order to compete, and defeat Berlanga. That said Lubin would be one of Berlaga's most difficult opponent's to date.
                    I would definitely watch this fight with interest if it were to take place, although I wouldn't recommend that Lubin go that route.

Did you hear that Berlanga is going to fight Jacobs, in New York 6/10/2023, that's on the weekend of the Puerto Rican Day Parade.
                    Josh Taylor is going up against Teofimo Lopez on the same card, I hope that the report is correct, because if it is those are two excellent fight's.
                    You can also expect even more high profile fight's to be added to the card, and if Xander Zayas wins on 4/1/2023, he might be included besides other's!

Comment

Working...
                    X