No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa-Mark Magsayo: Stats and Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa-Mark Magsayo: Stats and Stakes

By Cliff Rold - Boxing's in-ring product is red hot right now. The biggest stars haven't aligned yet, though we're getting to some of those dates, but if one is just looking for entertaining violence then 2023 is nothing to complain about. Saturday night (Showtime, 9 PM EST) could be more of the same. Competing to either take the place of, or challenge, Rey Vargas as WBC titlist, we have a clash of former titlists with
    [Click Here To Read More]

Gonna be a nice mini war

Comment

This is gonna be fun, Figueroa should win just based off his size, chin, and output advantages… only way magsayo wins is if he can hurt fig but I doubt that. We shall see!

Comment

Im rooting for magsayo on this one i think he can hurt figuerona coming in

Comment

Figueroa and Hurd by UD

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            This is gonna be fun, Figueroa should win just based off his size, chin, and output advantages… only way magsayo wins is if he can hurt fig but I doubt that. We shall see!
            It took me some time to beleive in Fig but now that he has this match up i am looking towards a battle for some reason. Talking a battle that may again cause me to rethink his value in the ring ? Yea short term for sure. bc he has fought hard and long in there and at some point you dig and it just aint there. Could that be tonight ? It can always be tonight. So that is why i watch It is even enough match up with enough unknows to make it real interesting. Lets see who shows up and in what state of mind for the fight. They will both be in shape that is a given. All about letting it fly now.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

It took me some time to beleive in Fig but now that he has this match up i am looking towards a battle for some reason. Talking a battle that may again cause me to rethink his value in the ring ? Yea short term for sure. bc he has fought hard and long in there and at some point you dig and it just aint there. Could that be tonight ? It can always be tonight. So that is why i watch It is even enough match up with enough unknows to make it real interesting. Lets see who shows up and in what state of mind for the fight. They will both be in shape that is a given. All about letting it fly now.
              And boy let it fly they did! Those were some very wide scores! I thought it was a closer fight then what the judges (all 3) had. You?

Comment

And boy let it fly they did! Those were some very wide scores! I thought it was a closer fight then what the judges (all 3) had. You?
                Those scores were how did we used to call it ? Stupid. yes that is the best i can describe the judges Saturday Night. First off they both displayed there weaknesses more then any particular strenght as i saw it. And Fig proved me right, there is a lot there that is not very good and yet he gets the wins. Maybe Fig is just depressed bc he lost a chance to do battle with Fulton again. No not really Fig is a flawed fighter who needs to get hit to respond to a fighter in the ring. He feeds on getting slapped in the face. There i said it and i meant it. Everybody needs motivation but come on man ? And he is a bit on the spagetti type fighter he moves in funny directions and he lands without knowing he is going to hit the mark. It will always catch up with him bc he is of one mind fight after getting hit. He has yet to use his reach in a fight and inside he does good but still he smothers himself that is why he got challenged and exposed of his weaknesses over the weekend. A sligtly better fighter with a more reserved gas tank would have taken the fight to him and won. The Hurd fight now what about that did you catch that one ? Or the first bout of the evening on Showtime ?

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

Those scores were how did we used to call it ? Stupid. yes that is the best i can describe the judges Saturday Night. First off they both displayed there weaknesses more then any particular strenght as i saw it. And Fig proved me right, there is a lot there that is not very good and yet he gets the wins. Maybe Fig is just depressed bc he lost a chance to do battle with Fulton again. No not really Fig is a flawed fighter who needs to get hit to respond to a fighter in the ring. He feeds on getting slapped in the face. There i said it and i meant it. Everybody needs motivation but come on man ? And he is a bit on the spagetti type fighter he moves in funny directions and he lands without knowing he is going to hit the mark. It will always catch up with him bc he is of one mind fight after getting hit. He has yet to use his reach in a fight and inside he does good but still he smothers himself that is why he got challenged and exposed of his weaknesses over the weekend. A sligtly better fighter with a more reserved gas tank would have taken the fight to him and won. The Hurd fight now what about that did you catch that one ? Or the first bout of the evening on Showtime ?
                  No i did not, just the fig vs mags fight… I feel you though bro, good points, good post. What fights are you most looking forward to that are already signed or will be soon? And who ya got?

Comment

No i did not, just the fig vs mags fight… I feel you though bro, good points, good post. What fights are you most looking forward to that are already signed or will be soon? And who ya got?
                    Watch the Hurd fight and you will see a possible and i believe young fighter who is going to make for good fights as he moves forward. Resendiz yea good fight name. AKA the Diz Not sold 100% but i felt he took the hits from Hurd very well n bc i am not convinced that Hurd is done for nor do i hold much hope for Hurd going forward but he still has two fights left him good fights. WLorD. E.L. Garcia 19 yo get real man talk about potential.
                    OK we got a fight this weekend ? TSZ v T.Harris What Harris is putting out on social has got a bit of truth to it as far as TSZ being stepping up in compitition and also lacks experience of Harrison. So there is that and that is enough to get people looking as it should. Q is how much truth is there in Harris's media rant and how much is hype. You can build a fight on half truths that have not been discovered yet, but you can not build a fight on lies. It will stink. This fight will not stink. It will live up to what it is. Both men need it. Both men want it. It will be a good test for Tsz and it will be a real set back for Harris if he does not perform well. I got Tsz he will either improve in this fight and win or he will look the worst and not have time to make a name for himself as he in place to do right now. 28yo-- Plus i spent time watching his father fight and there is always a bit of that kind of stuff that has no real bearing on the fight as it happens but if not for something beyound skills of each fighter as a fan there are those things that draw me in to a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X