Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Signing Broner: I Think He Would Struggle to Accept My Offer; He's Not the Draw He Once Was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Signing Broner: I Think He Would Struggle to Accept My Offer; He's Not the Draw He Once Was

Eddie Hearn doubts he can coax Adrien Broner into a promotional deal, despite the latter's free agency. In a recent interview, the head of Matchroom Boxing was asked to consider the prospect of entering into a partnership with the popular and brash multi-weight champion from Cincinnati, Ohio.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Broner is a clown, he'd only serve as fodder for anyone who signs him. Maybe looks good for a young prospect. I personally wouldn't put much stock in anyone with a decent name who beats him. It simply doesn't matter much in 2023 otherwise.

Comment

Broner is a great fighter and has something left but i don't think he'll ever be close to who he was when he fought guys like DeMarco and Jason Litzau, etc. That Broner was very strong, mean as hell, and super destructive. The Broner of the last several years, looks ok but doesn't fight with that kind of intensity and goal to destroy you. He fights to get a paycheck without putting himself in danger and doesn't wanna fight truly hard fights. He wants to be matched easy while receiving an oversized paycheck, as if he's fighting real killers, because he has been mentally conditioned by the PBC business model. He's no longer hungry to beat everyone's ass. He's not the "Can Man" no more. He wants to fight certain folks and entertain and be cute. He doesn't wanna break your jaw and knock u out cold. If he was putting out like that against killers, I would be the loudest one in the room screaming for that man to get paid everything he's asking for, and then some. PBC got a whole generation of fighters picking and choosing, being divas and scared to face killers, and worried more about their "O", their fan base, and their material possessions, and the boxing fans are the ones who suffer by never getting to see the fights we crave and need to see. Fighters don't wanna be the best, they wanna be the most paid, by the easiest route. Different mindset today. But they want our PPV dollars, though.
      Last edited by archiemoore1; 03-01-2023, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I could definitely see Eddie making benn vs broner in Saudi, probably at a catch weight.

Comment

He was a top tier pot shotter with excellent speed and good power. His brain was weak. I never thought he was even close to being one of the best ever as Eddie thought.
          Last edited by Wacked_Out; 03-01-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Weight bully who finally got caught by father time.

Comment

Hearn trying to get Broner at a discounted price lol. "I'm going to think out loud about his market value."
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                Broner is a great fighter and has something left but i don't think he'll ever be close to who he was when he fought guys like DeMarco and Jason Litzau, etc. That Broner was very strong, mean as hell, and super destructive. The Broner of the last several years, looks ok but doesn't fight with that kind of intensity and goal to destroy you. He fights to get a paycheck without putting himself in danger and doesn't wanna fight truly hard fights. He wants to be matched easy while receiving an oversized paycheck, as if he's fighting real killers, because he has been mentally conditioned by the PBC business model. He's no longer hungry to beat everyone's ass. He's not the "Can Man" no more. He wants to fight certain folks and entertain and be cute. He doesn't wanna break your jaw and knock u out cold. If he was putting out like that against killers, I would be the loudest one in the room screaming for that man to get paid everything he's asking for, and then some. PBC got a whole generation of fighters picking and choosing, being divas and scared to face killers, and worried more about their "O", their fan base, and their material possessions, and the boxing fans are the ones who suffer by never getting to see the fights we crave and need to see. Fighters don't wanna be the best, they wanna be the most paid, by the easiest route. Different mindset today. But they want our PPV dollars, though.
                I hear u. He made his choices that didn’t help him max out his abilities. Wasted prime years without dedication in my opinion. People that say he wasn’t good I just don’t understand.
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

In the words of A Bronx Tale, “wasted talent”

Comment

This all goes back to 5 years ago when Eddie Hearn offered Broner a contract and Broner clowned him online say he was trying to slave contract him smh don’t burn bridges
                    TheIronMike TheIronMike likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X