Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alberto Puello-Rolly Romero Main Event Of Showtime Telecast May 13; Venue TBD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alberto Puello-Rolly Romero Main Event Of Showtime Telecast May 13; Venue TBD

Alberto Puello and Rolly Romero have a date for their 140-pound title fight. Showtime announced Tuesday that Puello and Romero will meet May 13 in a "Showtime Championship Boxing" main event. The venue for their 12-round fight for Puello's WBA super lightweight title hasn't been solidified.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rolly was outboxed before and got a gift. I will go with Puello on this one.
    Russell taking a step backward with this opponent, he got a scare in his last fight.
    garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Russell should be the guy getting the title shot. He’d whoop Rolly.
      drablj drablj likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Rolly was outboxed before and got a gift. I will go with Puello on this one.
        Russell taking a step backward with this opponent, he got a scare in his last fight.
        They should have just made the rematch tbh.
        garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Rolly is like Jake Paul. I rock with him and root for him. I need the desmadre if he wins
          Last edited by Chris Hanson; 02-28-2023, 03:27 PM.
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

They should have just made the rematch tbh.
            Absolutely and that way there are no questions.

Comment

Pbc laying it on thick, trying to prove to CBS/Paramount they can produce boxing content.
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

How does he get a title shot he was knocked out last fight
                crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

I'm absolutely dumbfounded on how Romero has gotten an opportunity at a world title in a higher division coming off a knockout loss.
                  I'd understand if Romero was a proven commodity but he's not. Romero hasn't been a legitimate champion or a top contender on a consistent basis; he's just been a vocal fighter with little to show for it in terms of professional success.
                  It's not an acceptable world title fight nor should it be headlining a card. Even stylistically the fight isn't redeemable because Puello isn't going to exchange with Romero; it's likely to be another Marinez vs Romero situation.
                  LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

Nice card. I'll sit back, relax and enjoy this PBC action
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X