Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN's Markowski Does Not View Price Hikes as Risk: This is a Calculated Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DAZN's Markowski Does Not View Price Hikes as Risk: This is a Calculated Decision

DAZN'S significant 2023 price hike was not a risk, according to Joe Markowski, who has also opened the door for more promoters to get their boxers on the platform.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They doubled the fuking price... 100% price increase. Its a gamble that they will retain atleast 50% of the subscribers and then they come out ahead. Its a desperate move of course there is big risk there.

Punishing your most loyal customers for over spending in the previous years does what to your reputation? exactly

Comment

I personally don't mind DAZN but I'm not a fan of the constant price increases especially due to the rhetoric used by those connected to the brand at the launch. I believe the price increases are due to DAZN mismanagement of the product resulting in financial losses.
      DAZN is a great idea because it represents a changing media landscape but I'm not a fan of the interface because I find it difficult to navigate, there boxing library isn't large enough, and the other sports on the app aren't appealing.
      Price increases should represent an improved product but I do not believe that's the case. I am curious though about HBO's boxing library, if DAZN could secure the rights to the library it would add a lot of quality content to the platform.
      I think most boxing fans would love to see fights getting remastered.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I’m confident that I won’t be renewing and you will encourage your ex customers to find “other ways” to watch. Fuking tone deaf idiot in an upcoming recession, rising inflation, and already high price increases and breaking promises. Now I want them to fail. 225 not worth it for ok fights, darts, and Saudi golf. Get ****ed dazn.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I love how he tries to mask the $99 per year to $224.99 by saying, the Canelo fight would be non-ppv and subscription based. BRAH. I'd rather pay a 65.00 1 time PPV buy for the 1 fight Canelo has in the year than fork over 224.99 for who knows exactly what they'll offer. I know DAZN has more than just boxing but I'm only around for the boxing, so nothing else would apply to me. That price is nuts.

Comment

Uh Oh! I think the Dazn brass now realizes that they should've sent Harry Potter as the point man and not Eddie Sperm. Harry Potter has the right temperament to work with Bob and AL to make fights happen. Hearn came over here 5 years ago with the intent to burn bridges and not build them. Now they are openly chastising him in public and letting the boxing world know that he is not in charge of US or UK operations and he is being relegated back to small time regional promoter. This shyte is too funny mane!

Comment

Devin Haney is fighting on ESPM, Garcia is fighting on Showtime, Canelo will be leaving the sport soon and AJ has been exposed. DAZN raises the price. Enough said.
              Mrosmart Daznsucks likes this.

Comment

First it was no to PPV, now constant price increases. Safe to say their initial view of the market was way off. Wouldn’t surprised me if they just fold altogether within the next 18-24 months.

Comment

They are betting on current subscribers not knowing about this increase

Comment

O yea hey Lil' Joe... when you say you kept your promise by using PPV sparingly that's misleading. YOU PROMISE WAS NOT TO USE PPV AT ALL!! Nice try doe!

Comment

Working...
                    X