Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Credits His Strength In Knockout Win Over Makabu: "They Underestimated My Power"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Credits His Strength In Knockout Win Over Makabu: "They Underestimated My Power"

The nagging ticking sound playing in the playground had become unbearably loud. However, at the age of 39, Badou Jack was well aware that his time in this brutal profession was drawing to a close. In an effort to protract his career just a bit longer, while simultaneously giving his body a reprieve, Jack, who was once a title holder at both 168 and 175 pounds, decided to make the move to the cruiserweight division in 2021.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Jack's movement was key to his victory; he took the outside angle, stepped in behind the shoulder to smoother, and used dips/pivots to great affect. It was really good seeing Jack employ an active defense over his usual static high guard.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by unknowledgeablepugilist View Post
      I thought Jack's movement was key to his victory; he took the outside angle, stepped in behind the shoulder to smoother, and used dips/pivots to great affect. It was really good seeing Jack employ an active defense over his usual static high guard.
      ​​​​​​
      Agreed. Great post!

Comment

Good win. People forget Canelo requested to the WBC to make him Makabu's mandatory only to duck Makabu after images (1).jpg

Comment

Jack was getting outworked, but he was clearly the more accurate, and skilled boxer. Makabu had the footwork of a toddler, and couldn't get out of his own way. Badou was calm, selected his punches well, and let the KO come to him, rather than trying to force the issue.

Comment

Volume n skills, more then power

Comment

Tbf Makabu is not known for having a good chin

Comment

I bet Canelo kicked himself in the ass after this 1.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
                  Good win. People forget Canelo requested to the WBC to make him Makabu's mandatory only to duck Makabu after images (1).jpg
                  True canelo ducked mukabu to fight Bivol. Bad ou Jack is the new #1 p4p

Comment

Now that Badou Jack has won the title, he should make his first title defense against Richard Rivera, whom he beat by a close split decision the fight before.

Comment

Working...
                    X