Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Rocha: WBO Formally Orders Welterweight Title Fight; Talks Already Underway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford-Rocha: WBO Formally Orders Welterweight Title Fight; Talks Already Underway

A prior meeting between Oscar De La Hoya and Terence Crawford has now come to light. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that talks are ongoing for a WBO mandatory title fight in the welterweight division between Crawford as the defending champ and number-one ranked challenger Alexis Rocha. The sanctioning body has now done its part to help expedite matters, having formally ordered the fight on Monday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No Pay Cut Bud doesn't seem to have too many options, does he? Noone rushed to sign him, and still haven't, once he left TR.

Comment

Mando defense. Get it out the way. At least its happening at '47 and not some bs 154lbs

Comment

Terrence Crawford is amongst the best fighters active today and probably of his generation but I cannot see any reason for him fighting Rocha. I understand it's a mandatory but it isn't appealing in anyway.
        I'm not trying to underplay Rocha because he's a talented fighter but Ellis convincingly out-boxed him. Since the loss, Rocha has fought fringe contenders.
        Crawford is at the pinnacle of the sport so the expectation is for him to fight top tier competition every fight. Some people may see it as unfair but the expectation extends to Alvarez, Spence or anybody seen as the best.

Comment

….because we as fans deserve the very best fights.

Comment

Bud is among the best of this generation. It sure ain't Canelo, with his cherry picking and choosing, ducking and dodging, Euro bum- of- the -month tour, his, "I don't wanna fight no Mexicans if they're not like Angulo or Chavez Jr." comments. It ain't Errol "other side of the street" Spence Jr, with his ol' Henny drankin', spinning the block ass. I like that Bud is getting paydays after being shafted by Bob, under promoted, and I'm glad he was smart enough to stay away from PBC. All they were gonna do was BS, low ball and shelve him some more and try to wait for him to get old. Give him a bunch of false promises, and punish him for not signing with them b4. Them dudes is salty and Mayweather is a pure T hater. He would have made sure Bud never got anywhere close to his record. He would have ruined his career behind the scenes- and I'm sure he's still trying to.

Comment

At this point, why not?

Better than Crawford just sitting on his ass being inactive.

Comment

Just what the fans wanted, 8.5+ rounds of Terence teeing off on Rocha.

Someone should show Crawford the emails Mr. Utensils was sending.

I pray to god Rocha lands a hail marry on this Uncle Tom and puts him out of the sport like Billy Joe Young did to Pryor.

Comment

Da fuk is this bullshyt

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    No Pay Cut Bud doesn't seem to have too many options, does he? Noone rushed to sign him, and still haven't, once he left TR.
                    There is a reason for that, you can outwit yourself in the process of being penny wise, and pound foolish.
                    He should've taken the Spence unification fight, because Spence's resume is stronger than Crawford's.

Comment

Working...
                    X