Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Santos: Mario Barrios Proved He Can Compete at The Highest Level at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Santos: Mario Barrios Proved He Can Compete at The Highest Level at 147

Earlier this month, Mario Barrios (27-2) put on one of the best performance of his career when he stopped Jovanie Santiago (14-3-1) in the 8th round of their welterweight showdown that served as the chief supporting bout underneath the Rey Vargas-O'Shaquie Foster main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is Jovanie Santiago "at the highest level?" I'm not buying it yet! Fight Rashidi Ellis, Jamal James, or Cody Crowley!
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

By beating Santiago? GTFOH.

Comment

Santago is terrible. That win meant little.

Comment

If Mario Barrios is ready for the highest levels at 147, get him in the ring with Boots Ennis. I suspect Mario doesn't last 3 full rounds with Boots

Comment

He couldn't even hang with one of the top lightweights. Beating a journeyman in his last fight proved little.

Comment

Barrios is a good fighter, his only two losses are to Tank and Thurman, who only have 1 loss between them. That's nothing to laugh at, he's technically sound, has a nice arsenal of punches, a naturally long and rangy boxer, and is coming into his own. He would probably beat all of the fighters that Virgil Ortiz and Boots Ennis have fought so far, so he has to be taken seriously. I would like to see him in with a mid-tier fighter with a name like, Alexis Rocha, before getting in with one of the top contenders.

Comment

Barrios is beyond ordinary. We've known this since watching his gift decision over a 7-0 Botirzon Alhmedov for a vacant alphabelt at 140.

Comment

Barrios vs James I like that a lot

Comment

Working...
                  X