Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Subriel Matias Takes Out Jeremias Ponce in Five, Wins IBF Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Subriel Matias Takes Out Jeremias Ponce in Five, Wins IBF Title

Matias, Ponce Fight Photos Gallery - Minneapolis - For the vacant IBF junior welterweight title, Subriel Matias (19-1, 19 KOs) became a world champion by stopped Jeremias Ponce (30-1, 20 KOs) in five rounds of warfare. (photos by Esther Lin)
    [Click Here To Read More]
    KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

don't know what was ponce and his corner thinking fighting matias toe to toe, dumb gameplan. fighters from down here, for some reason, don't travel to train abroad, they can't take a fight this serious with a preparation llike that. not that he was gonna win but could've done more, matias isn't a marvel just a strong fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      don't know what was ponce and his corner thinking fighting matias toe to toe, dumb gameplan. fighters from down here, for some reason, don't travel to train abroad, they can't take a fight this serious with a preparation llike that. not that he was gonna win but could've done more, matias isn't a marvel just a strong fighter.
      Ponce came out guns a blazing trying to take Matias out, shot his load, and then was spent (had nothing left).
      I was disappointed when he quit in his corner, but he knew tired as he was he was going to get hurt form that point on.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Ponce came out guns a blazing trying to take Matias out, shot his load, and then was spent (had nothing left).
        I was disappointed when he quit in his corner, but he knew tired as he was he was going to get hurt form that point on.
        They both kind of gave it there all in there from round number one onward/ I did not see Ponce run out of gas he lost some of his power, his aggressiveness was blunted by Mati's taking control of the fight in dictating how it was going to fought and making Ponce respond to him not the other way around. They both had a lotta heart and gave a good fight in the ring. I did think it would either come down to physical condition or who could endure the more punches and soldier on. Yet i was surprised that Ponce was willing to sit out the sixth round without complaint. Stil an excellent fight. Showtime put up a decent fight after two less then bouts.

Comment

Lol @ the last picture. It's just a zoomed-in version of the previous one to be like "Look Manny Rodriguez was there too"

I do like Manny though and hope he gets a chance to avenge his loss to that Filipino kid

subriel-matias%20(1)_1677394655.jpg

subriel-matias-2.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X