Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul, Tommy Fury Both Under Contracted Limit For ESPN+ Pay-Per-View Main Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul, Tommy Fury Both Under Contracted Limit For ESPN+ Pay-Per-View Main Event

Jake Paul and Tommy Fury are finally one sleep away from their long brewing grudge match. The pair of unbeaten prospects both weighed below the 185-pound contract limit for their scheduled eight-round contest. Paul was the lightest weight of his three-plus year pro career as he weighed 183.6 pounds during a closed-door weigh-in under the Middle East Boxing Commission. England's Fury was 184.5 pounds ahead of their anticipated bout atop an ESPN+ Pay-Per-View event Sunday evening from Diriyah Arena in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. The professionalism was strictly limited to the weigh-in procedure. An intense stare down featured harsh words exchanged along with a shove from Fury before the two were immediately separated.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-25-2023, 05:28 AM.

Jake Paul with a Barry Bonds-sized cranium. He doesn't even look human next to Tommy Fury.

Comment

I sometimes wonder if a fighter with a beard helps them absorb punches son the chin better I'm probably being silly.

I unashamedly admit that I'm looking forward to this fight, even though it's an eight rounder, and we know it's not the top echelon of boxing.

Who knows if either could get to legitimate top ten, I'm not going to guess that, because I don't want to undermine or underestimate people.

I'm picking Jake to win on points. I don't think there'll be a knockout or tko, but we shall see.

The fight time in Saudi is good for me, as I'm currently in South Africa. It's a nice time at night for me to watch, unlike the fights in the USA, when I'd have to wake up in the middle of the night to see a big fight, although been doing that for many years already.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
        I sometimes wonder if a fighter with a beard helps them absorb punches son the chin better I'm probably being silly.

Yeah, I think this was confirmed. Hence why in some places you are forced to shave.
        icee icee likes this.

Comment

I’m predicting a draw. I watched the Anderson Silva match (which he won, IMO) and will probably watch this as well for no other reason than to see how Paul handles a “boxer.”

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Yeah, I think this was confirmed. Hence why in some places you are forced to shave.
            Shaving is more to prevent cuts/aggravating cuts to the opponent

Comment

Uggg can't believe I might buy this. I do want to see the Jack vs. Muab fight

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                I’m predicting a draw. I watched the Anderson Silva match (which he won, IMO) and will probably watch this as well for no other reason than to see how Paul handles a “boxer.”
                Draw not a crazy idea at all considering their mid tier level boxing wise.

Comment

Ah yes the old 185 pound division. These dudes forever fighting in between real weight divisions.

Comment

rules against bears are for cuts like the other guy said

heard pro fighters saying they would actually think its better to shave the beard because it just gives the other guy a big visual target.

they already have 16 oz gloves on, that padding is much more thicker than a beard, the hair isnt going to protect your face compared to the gloves, push someones beard into their face with a hand, its almost effortless.... that is how much energy is removed from the punch by the beard, almost nothing.
                    Last edited by elfag; 02-25-2023, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X