Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic-Ruiz: Purse Bid Canceled, Interim IBF Title Fight No Longer In Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hrgovic-Ruiz: Purse Bid Canceled, Interim IBF Title Fight No Longer In Play

A heavyweight fight that was always a nonstarter is officially no longer in play. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Andy Ruiz has declined to move forward with an ordered interim IBF heavyweight title fight versus Filip Hrgovic. Representatives for the former unified heavyweight titlist informed the sanctioning body prior to Thursday's scheduled purse bid hearing which was canceled as a result.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-23-2023, 11:19 AM.

Hrgovic lives to fight - and pretend he's a major player in the division - another day. Ruiz would have definitely exposed him for good, should anyone be still unconvinced after the Zhang fight.

Comment

well yeah I saw the headline they wanted a 40/60 split with Ruiz taking 40.... he aint going to agree to that, not with the purses he used to have,

he is going to have to take a high risk high reward fight now, the easy paydays are over. go fight wilder but if he gets blasted out his career is over, oh well he will get a fat check for it

Comment

Kick him out of the rankings then and offer up the fight to the next in the list.
        icee icee Apollo7 Apollo7 like this.

Comment

This fight was never gonna happen anyway

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
            well yeah I saw the headline they wanted a 40/60 split with Ruiz taking 40.... he aint going to agree to that, not with the purses he used to have,

he is going to have to take a high risk high reward fight now, the easy paydays are over. go fight wilder but if he gets blasted out his career is over, oh well he will get a fat check for it
            The Check ain't gon be fat. He is gonna get knocked out by wilder for a 1 million dollar guarantee.......And "ppv backend"

jockpunk jockpunk Fact Fact like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

The Check ain't gon be fat. He is gonna get knocked out by wilder for a 1 million dollar guarantee.......And "ppv backend"

his career is already on the decline, wilder fight would make him more or atleast be perceived as having the potential to sell more. Nobody cares about the IBF belt

if he beats wilder he is back in the mix again, high risk high reward. i think wilder sparks him out.

even if he beat this IBF guy i dont think anyone cares

Comment

Assuming the wilder fight is still in play but if not, ruiz really should have taken this. It would be a fight he could win and gets him a payday against fury if fury beats usyk.

Comment

Why is PBC even ordering these fights when they know they've got no money to play with?
                  Hearn finally figured them out. It was the same with LSC v Wood "consolidation". Should've gone to purse bid the first time they were called, instead they lost 2 years going back and forth.
                  Let's see if Ruiz gets demoted 10 places in IBF rankings like Buatsi was.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

his career is already on the decline, wilder fight would make him more or atleast be perceived as having the potential to sell more. Nobody cares about the IBF belt

if he beats wilder he is back in the mix again, high risk high reward. i think wilder sparks him out.

even if he beat this IBF guy i dont think anyone cares
                    I agree that Wilder is the fight he should take.

We disagree on the money he's gonna get for it. Haymon aint gave out big money in a long time

Comment

Working...
                    X