Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson To Fight George Arias In ESPN's Stevenson-Yoshino Co-Feature 4/8 In Newark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson To Fight George Arias In ESPN's Stevenson-Yoshino Co-Feature 4/8 In Newark

Jared Anderson will face an undefeated opponent for just the second time as a pro when he returns to the ring April 8. BoxingScene.com has learned that George Arias has agreed to battle the emerging, hard-hitting heavyweight in a 10-round co-feature ESPN will broadcast that night from Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Anderson-Arias will immediately precede a main event in which Newark native Shakur Stevenson and Japan's Shuichiro Yoshino will square off in a 12-round WBC lightweight elimination match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arias is a smaller heavyweight with some talent , but watching his last two bout, I wasn’t impressed, & I thought Green beat him personally.

Big opportunity for him, so maybe it’ll bring out the best in him and we get a good fight.

I got Anderson in 4 or under

Comment

Arias much like several other US HWs have not really progressed in recent years. Shaw, Chaney & Arias to name a few. Franklin finally broke thru & got a couple big fights. Arias is taking a big step fighting Anderson. He is 31 & this fight is his measuring stick. I would assume that if he gets his butt kicked he will be hanging up the gloves & moving on with his life outside of boxing. He will be a massive underdog & I think he will get exposed as a fighter who was never really going anywhere. Arias reminds me of Tor Hamer. An american HW who won prizefighter but got beat by Glazkov & Andy Ruiz. I believe he quit on his stool against both Glazkov & Ruiz. He got booed & never fought again. I think much like Hamer Arias will realize he is too small & not good enough to stick with the big boys. I see him looking for a way out after he feels Anderson’s punches…
      Last edited by joe strong; 02-22-2023, 10:50 PM.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I know its an undefeated guy, but man these guys move their careers at such a glacial pace.

I'm going into a bit of time warp here off the top of my head on a fight I didnt see. John Ruiz vs Tua....to me that is where Anderson is at and should have more of a test at this point IMHO. Look at that fight...Ruiz loses and develops(the worst style ever) to become a belt holder and Tua never got one.

I feel these guys just fight these type of fights to get ranked at heavy until they land a shot with one of the organizations.

20 yrs ago we would be getting Anderson vs Hrgovic on Boxing after Dark or an undercard fight. Sad state​

Comment

Anderson is going to destroy Arias, I repeat Anderson is going to destroy Arias! He will feast on this undefeated, but slow opponent!
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post
            I know its an undefeated guy, but man these guys move their careers at such a glacial pace.

I'm going into a bit of time warp here off the top of my head on a fight I didnt see. John Ruiz vs Tua....to me that is where Anderson is at and should have more of a test at this point IMHO. Look at that fight...Ruiz loses and develops(the worst style ever) to become a belt holder and Tua never got one.

I feel these guys just fight these type of fights to get ranked at heavy until they land a shot with one of the organizations.

20 yrs ago we would be getting Anderson vs Hrgovic on Boxing after Dark or an undercard fight. Sad state​
            He's only 23 or something they have time with him it seems. There trying to build him up no point throwing him to wolves. Arias is a good opponent an if he dispatches him then step him up more by the end of 2023 early 2024 he'll be up there
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I thought Top Rank was doing some tournament with Ajaba vs Anderson in the final?

Comment

He will get a nice highlight reel KO against an "undefeated" opponent on a national stage. He may have to earn it against a slightly more respectable fighter than his last few bouts without there really being any danger to him. It is a good career move. At his young age, I think it is fine. But he will need to step up to a "B" level HW at some point soon.

Comment

Not many heavyweights will be able to keep off Big Baby with his fast hands. Arias is getting fucked up.
                  Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

I think Anderson is being brought along at the right pace. He took more shots than he should in his last fight. I hope he boxes more, uses his head, his legs, and looks for angles. He has all the talent in the world but he needs to remember he’s Anderson not Tyson

Comment

Working...
                    X