Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Wood Told Me He Was Gone, His Legs Were Gone, Davison Did The Right Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: Wood Told Me He Was Gone, His Legs Were Gone, Davison Did The Right Thing

Former super middleweight world champion Carl Froch has reversed his opinion with respect to last Saturday's stoppage in the WBA featherweight title fight between Leigh Wood and Mauricio Lara in Nottingham.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Carl "The Nose" Froch clearing some things up. Who knows what would had happened, the towel and stoppage took the drama out of the fight.

Comment

2 fights back to back where Wood gets momentarily knocked out only to be woken up by his head hitting the canvas, he was definitely out on his feet Davison made the right call. You can recover against someone who is a light puncher like Conlan but against someone like Lara you might not wake back up.

Comment

The only thing that the towel of surrender took out of the fight was Wood's possible/permanent damage or death.
        He was a sitting duck, so to speak while standing straight up in a confused state of mind, awaiting the coup de grace.

Comment

You can analyze the crucial moment to death and nothing will come out of it. Like they always say, everything happens for a reason. Forget about it and focus on the rematch, which I think will be bigger than the first. All Wood needs to do is try to last the distance, win the fight, move on, avoid a trilogy at all costs and fight other more manageable fights out there.
          Last edited by Bullrider; 02-20-2023, 03:29 PM.

Comment

The stoppage was perfect , I was five rows back... it was brutal. We want to see a competitive fight not some one killed!
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I'm never gonna say it's the wrong call to spare a fighter from damage but my initial feeling had been that it might have been worth seeing whether Leigh could hold on those extra few seconds based on his reaction to the towel, but if he's saying himself now that he was really gone I guess there ain't a debate to be had.

Comment

At least the corner stopped it instead of the ref. There would have been 5 more rounds of punishment to go if the fight hadn’t been stopped, it was for the best in my opinion.

Comment

Good stoppage, even though there was only 6 seconds left, Wood could barely stand up without wobbling, similar to how Rolly was after Tank nailed him with a flush shot. When a fighter that possesses as much power as Lara is allowed to just attack knowing that there's blood already in the water, that's when trauma and lifelong damage can occur. .Leigh can fight at a high level on another day because the right thing was done by his corner.
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

I don’t like Ben Davidson, at all, but in this case he did do the appropriate thing!
                    Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X