Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Says Taylor-Catterall Rematch Wasn't Viable After WBO Order Mandating Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Says Taylor-Catterall Rematch Wasn't Viable After WBO Order Mandating Lopez

Promoter Bob Arum says he had no choice but to put the kibosh on the rematch between Josh Taylor and Jack Catterall after it became clear Taylor's WBO junior welterweight title would not be at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We all know Top Rank have huge influence over the WBO, and I don't know why major (so called) journalists don't call out, or question promoters who've close/unethical relationships with sanctioning bodies.

Comment

huge duck

Comment

WBO Champion should be Call TOP RANK CHAMPION. Similar to the UFC Champion.
        champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
          huge duck
          Fighting Lopez isn't a huge duck. Lopez if he's at his best is better than Catterall. And it's the bigger fight. Looking forward to this than the rematch

Comment

The bottom line is Josh Taylor, Bob Arum and Top Rank never wanted the rematch from the start. So what a lame excuse? Three postponements in a row hardly sounds like a man who is eager to fight. So mandatory my ass! Taylor was never interested in taking the Catterall rematch anyway.

Comment

So in other words Bob is saying, " Josh was never hurt, he faked it because there was to much risk and not enough money, so I told him there was more money in Lopez " and Bobby wins regardless because whoever wins, is under contract with Bobby.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post

Fighting Lopez isn't a huge duck. Lopez if he's at his best is better than Catterall. And it's the bigger fight. Looking forward to this than the rematch
                I agree but Lopez is not at his best. He is a broken fighter now who is no longer mentally focused or believes in himself. That Loma fight must have really ruined him because he has not looked like the same fighter since.

Comment

He really likes to insult people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

I agree but Lopez is not at his best. He is a broken fighter now who is no longer mentally focused or believes in himself. That Loma fight must have really ruined him because he has not looked like the same fighter since.
                    George ruined Lopez, like Andy Ruiz ruined AJ.

Comment

Working...
                    X