Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mauricio Lara Takes Out Leigh Wood in Seven, Captures WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mauricio Lara Takes Out Leigh Wood in Seven, Captures WBA Title

Lara, Wood Fight Photos Gallery - Nottingham - For the WBA featherweight title, Mauricio Lara (26-2-1, 19 KOs) was under fire at times, but a massive punch in the seventh round dropped and stopped Leigh Wood (26-3, 16 KOs) to become a world champion. (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Leigh boxed well In stages but he looked defeated as soon as he stepped in the ring. I think Lara’s reputation added some fear to his performance last night which made his movements very stationary and obvious at times and this resulted in him getting badly clipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Winky-Wright View Post
      Leigh boxed well In stages but he looked defeated as soon as he stepped in the ring. I think Lara’s reputation added some fear to his performance last night which made his movements very stationary and obvious at times and this resulted in him getting badly clipped.
      In stages? He cleanly outboxed and outfought Lara for 5 of 7 rounds. Lara was always a threat for sure, but Wood has many good reasons to take that rematch. Lara has holes in his game and Wood can beat him. He may well have beaten him last night had Davidson given him the chance to fight on.
      Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 02-19-2023, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I find it funny that some people are saying Wood was out boxing Lara for the majority of the fight. Get over it, he got his a** whooped like dirty Warrington.... Another Brit bites the dust.... Hey, Hey, Hey....

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

In stages? He cleanly outboxed and outfought Lara for 5 of 7 rounds. Lara was always a threat for sure, but Wood has many good reasons to take that rematch. Lara has holes in his game and Wood can beat him. He may well have beaten him last night had Davidson given him the chance to fight on.
          Well he very clearly only boxed well stages as he got hurt a few times early on by standing still so that was a “stage” in the fight he didn’t box well and also was badly hurt and TKO’D by Lara so that clearly was not a stage in the fight of him boxing well.

Comment

i guess its a case of shudda, wooda, coulda but didnt
            MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
              I find it funny that some people are saying Wood was out boxing Lara for the majority of the fight. Get over it, he got his a** whooped like dirty Warrington.... Another Brit bites the dust.... Hey, Hey, Hey....
              What's funny about it? It's a plaint fact. Anyone who watched the fight could see that Wood exposed plenty of flaws in Lara. He certainly was winning that fight wide, so why pretend that Lara dominated him? Lara had a strong Rd 2 and Rd 7 where he landed that hook, but Wood was lighting him up through the rest of the rounds. Lara will undoubtedly be the favorite in the rematch because of his power, but Wood showed that he's capable of outboxing and hurting Lara. It remains to be seen if he can do it for 12 rounds. Remember though that he finished the fight on his feet, not on his back.
              Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

The best chin won.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

What's funny about it? It's a plaint fact. Anyone who watched the fight could see that Wood exposed plenty of flaws in Lara. He certainly was winning that fight wide, so why pretend that Lara dominated him? Lara had a strong Rd 2 and Rd 7 where he landed that hook, but Wood was lighting him up through the rest of the rounds. Lara will undoubtedly be the favorite in the rematch because of his power, but Wood showed that he's capable of outboxing and hurting Lara. It remains to be seen if he can do it for 12 rounds. Remember though that he finished the fight on his feet, not on his back.
                  I never seen Wood hurting Lara yes he landed some good shots but never hurt him really

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

I never seen Wood hurting Lara yes he landed some good shots but never hurt him really
                    He clocked Lara and froze him several times. He was winning before he got caught.
                    TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X