Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sebastian Fundora-Brian Mendoza To Headline Showtime Card April 8 In Carson, California

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sebastian Fundora-Brian Mendoza To Headline Showtime Card April 8 In Carson, California

Fighting a hard-hitting former junior middleweight champion on short notice seemed like a tall order before Brian Mendoza's last fight. Now that he has sent Jeison Rosario into an early retirement, Mendoza has accepted the tallest task of all within the 154-pound division. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Mendoza will challenge Sebastian Fundora for "The Towering
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really like the Butaev vs Kavaliauskas matchup.
    sicko sicko likes this.

Comment

This guy belongs in a circus. Jermell Charlo would duck this guy. I would too. He should play baskeball or something.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Really like the Butaev vs Kavaliauskas matchup.
        Those guys would blow Jaron Boots' resume out of the water. Kava with 26 bouts had already fought Crawford, Ortiz and now Butaev, who got 16 fights and already fought Stanionis in a close decision fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ßykeryder View Post

Those guys would blow Jaron Boots' resume out of the water. Kava with 26 bouts had already fought Crawford, Ortiz and now Butaev, who got 16 fights and already fought Stanionis in a close decision fight.
          He also demolished Avanesyan in six rounds. (Like Crawford).

Also not sure how to feel about the main card, despite knocking out Rosario, Mendoza lost to a prospect in Jesus Ramos. Not sure he belongs to be in the main card just yet.
          Last edited by Feroz; 02-18-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post
            He also demolished Avanesyan in six rounds. (Like Crawford).
            I know. But Avanesyan went on to win six of his succeeding fights by KO since.

Question now is if these guys are fighting, who would be left for Jaron Boots to fight next? I was hoping he would be paired with one of these guys for his next fight or even before the Karen fight. It almost seemed like Boots is avoiding anyone that could derail the hype train.

Comment

Damn, I was hoping Yoelvis Gomez would've fought Fundora! Where's Brian Castano? Did he quit?

Good for Brandun Lee! I hope he fights Russell, Lipinets, or Ergashev! Time to step it up!

Comment

Originally posted by ßykeryder View Post

I know. But Avanesyan went on to win six of his succeeding fights by KO since.

Question now is if these guys are fighting, who would be left for Jaron Boots to fight next? I was hoping he would be paired with one of these guys for his next fight or even before the Karen fight. It almost seemed like Boots is avoiding anyone that could derail the hype train.
                Boots will be fighting whomever the IBF selects, and it will be for the IBF title that Spence will vacate! Most likely IBF #2 Roiman Villa, who just beat up Rashidi Ellis! Kavaliauskas and Butaev are not ranked by the IBF! Let's see who is in a rush to unify with Boots, once he's IBF Champion!

Comment

Decent main but great co-main between Mean Machine/Butaev. Might just have to roll to StubHub for thus one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Boots will be fighting whomever the IBF selects, and it will be for the IBF title that Spence will vacate! Most likely IBF #2 Roiman Villa, who just beat up Rashidi Ellis! Kavaliauskas and Butaev are not ranked by the IBF! Let's see who is in a rush to unify with Boots, once he's IBF Champion!
                    No longer matters to me who Ennis fights next. Fans look forward to cherrypick-gone-wrong fights nowadays. I don't think he would fight who fans want to see him fight, anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X