Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: May God Bless Wood Because It's Going To Be A War, I'm Ready To Be World Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara: May God Bless Wood Because It's Going To Be A War, I'm Ready To Be World Champion

Mauricio "Bronco" Lara is chomping at the bit to become a world champion, and the rough and rugged Mexican contender will get his opportunity Feb. 18 when he takes on Leigh Wood for the WBA featherweight title in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to this should be a good scrap while it lasts

Comment

A very even fight, Wood has better technique Lara punches harder. Whoever has a stronger ability to take a punch will win. Really good fight can't wait to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie View Post
        A very even fight, Wood has better technique Lara punches harder. Whoever has a stronger ability to take a punch will win. Really good fight can't wait to see.
        that'll be Lara then - Wood was all but out in the first 2 rounds against light hitting Conlan

Comment

no point in talking inside the ring, dont think wood understands spanish via a mouthpiece

Comment

A couple of things here. The headline is inaccurate. He said, God bless and be prepared, not because there will be a war. Number two, that headbutt was no accident. An accidental headbutt doesn't happen all the time.

Comment

Wood can bang but he’s got into some brutal wars by starting slow or just badly. I think Lara stops him but then I thought all those other guys would .

If he’s standing after 6 and way behind on cards, he might be worth a small bet

Comment

Leigh has to play the old man game. Don't let Lara bum rush him. Clinch him and cry in his ear about the rent and all his hungry kids. Don't let go without giving him something to take with him. Slow walk him, frustrate him. The longer it goes, the better Woods chances.

Comment

There's no way this fight goes beyond 5 rounds. Wood was done in the first round against Conlan, if there were another 5 seconds he would've got finished. Lara will put him in a box early.

Comment

Won't be easy for either guy imo

Comment

Working...
                    X