Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Croke Park Possible For Katie Taylor In September With McGregor's 'Support'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Croke Park Possible For Katie Taylor In September With McGregor's 'Support'

Eddie Hearn hasn't given up the idea of staging a Katie Taylor fight in Ireland's most famed arena. It just won't likely materialize for her next fight. The head of Matchroom recently met with MMA superstar Conor Mcgregor, a proud Irishman who has sung Taylor's praises, about the possibility of bringing the lightweight undisputed championship between Taylor and Puerto Rico's Amanda Serrano to Dublin's Croke Park, one of the biggest stadiums in Europe.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How does Edward know that Taylor will want to fight after getting knocked out by Serrano?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
      How does Edward know that Taylor will want to fight after getting knocked out by Serrano?
      Taylor has a neck a lot of male lightweights would be proud of - not happening
      JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Eddie Hearn - there he is in Dublin, here he is Mexico City, oh look there he is in NYC and there again, but oh look! He's in Saudi Arabia - the guy is indefatigable - someone alert VADA
        Last edited by SteveM; 02-15-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Because Eddie's to tight to pay for his own fighter's who've made him millions.
          Take take take.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Taylor has a neck a lot of male lightweights would be proud of - not happening
            I don't know, Amanda had her looking like a zombie the first fight, and if Serrano wouldn't have gassed trying to jump on her, it was night night time. All she had to do was slow down, throw some body shots and come back up top, she just got too excited.

Comment

It’s blatantly not happening. KT couldn’t sell out anywhere near 80,000 and Eddie isn’t willing to take the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                It’s blatantly not happening. KT couldn’t sell out anywhere near 80,000 and Eddie isn’t willing to take the hit.
                I think she could do Croke, especially if you consider Hill 16 would be blocked out for an entranceway. You'd have a massive contingent from NI and GB as well as Irish fans.

The big point here is 'government support' - not sure that's actually legal and it would open them up to funding requests from a lot of sports. Only way I can see it is if it's done through Tourism Ireland.

Comment

Lime green jello
                  and it’s Jack material

i don’t like chicks fighting

they lack one punch KO power

Comment

Originally posted by halfsix View Post

I think she could do Croke, especially if you consider Hill 16 would be blocked out for an entranceway. You'd have a massive contingent from NI and GB as well as Irish fans.

The big point here is 'government support' - not sure that's actually legal and it would open them up to funding requests from a lot of sports. Only way I can see it is if it's done through Tourism Ireland.
                    Nah no chance IMO. I think she could do maybe 20-30k but no chance she’s doing 80k. If she could sell 80 thousand tickets, the rematch would be at Croke Park.

Fury and AJ (maybe not so much now) are the only guys who can do 50’000+ in this part of the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X