Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: If Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Fight - It Will Be a Good Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua: If Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Fight - It Will Be a Good Fight

Anthony Joshua says he never seriously considered quitting the sport after his second loss to Oleksandr Usyk last summer. Joshua had a meltdown in the ring and broke down in tears at the press conference after losing his rematch to Usyk in
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interested in seeing what Derrick James can bring out of him. He's done an extraordinary job with Spence, Jermell, and Frank Martin, but you can't teach confidence and dog. That's something the fighter has to have within.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
      Interested in seeing what Derrick James can bring out of him. He's done an extraordinary job with Spence, Jermell, and Frank Martin, but you can't teach confidence and dog. That's something the fighter has to have within.
      Every single gym Joshua has been in, he has most likely been the Top Fighter 'The fighter people look to'.

Joshua is now going to be around fighters, who are above him.

This is going to have a positive effect on him 'I believe'.

It is natural thing among men, if you train with the best you will develop different aspects of your game 'Competitiveness'.

There is a poster on here, who? Has continually stated that Joshua needed to get away from the UK sports institute.

The facilities may have been great, but being surrounded by Amateur athletes 'No disrespect, but I don't think that is good'.

Joshua most likely had people pining over him constantly 'Like Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3'.

Boxing is a individual sport, but in training there is going to be group element. Joshua is now representing Derrick Gainer's stable.
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-10-2023, 12:18 PM.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Every single gym Joshua has been in, he has most likely been the Top Fighter 'The fighter people look to'.

Joshua is now going to be around fighters, who are above him.

This is going to have a positive effect on him 'I believe'.

It is natural thing among men, if you train with the best you will develop different aspects of your game 'Competitiveness'.

There is a poster on here, who? Has continually stated that Joshua needed to get away from the UK sports institute.

The facilities may have been great, but being surrounded by Amateur athletes 'No disrespect, but I don't think that is good'.

Joshua most likely had people pining over him constantly 'Like Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3'.

Boxing is a individual sport, but in training there is going to be group element. Joshua is now representing Derrick Gainer's stable.
        Good post but unfortunately it’s very hard to teach an old dog new tricks
        AJ should of done this a long time ago

Comment

Losing to Usyk must have upset but losing the rematch would be really soul destroying. Because you are thinking i cant work any harder than i did for the rematch and i still lost the rematch? Realising there are just some people you cant beat must be something to come to terms with. But beating everyone else is the goal now. Usyk would be what they call Joshs kryptonite

Comment

Yup looks like the only former champion AJ is potentially facing is Wilder. I doubt he will fight for the belts again until Fury and Usyk retire and even then AJ will be the next washed up former champ that the upcoming boxers will need to beat to get belts or be top contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Losing to Usyk must have upset but losing the rematch would be really soul destroying. Because you are thinking i cant work any harder than i did for the rematch and i still lost the rematch? Realising there are just some people you cant beat must be something to come to terms with. But beating everyone else is the goal now. Usyk would be what they call Joshs kryptonite
              Not really , Joshua acknowledged there’s other levels he has to go and will be looking for that third Usyk fight no matter what if Usyk is still around and the fight lined up . Usyk wants a third fight at least right now he’s made that clear also stating he’d get another shot somewhere which means he’s very confident in defeating Fury .
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

When he and Whyte fought it was two prospects and I thought a brave call from all, Amateur rivalry definite dislike , grudge match , straight to ringside for me! but since Joshua KO'd him he's not really done much other than being KO'd twice more and he struggled last time out with a nobody .Now Hearns plan is to rematch this damaged goods pair on PPV (It will be!) at Wembley Stadium ! With such good competition out there now this is a disgraceful money grab. Joshua talks about Fury v Usyk being a good fight , lets not forget Usyk has only ever looked good at heavyweight beating Joshua so it will look really bad for him if Fury does a job on him as there will be a natural comparison of Joshua's efforts and the Whyte fight will seem even more ridiculous.There's much better fighters out there to put on such a big stadium fight in London than Whyte, if not Wilder or Fury then can you imagine the interest in a Joshua v Joe Joyce fight , I'd be first for tickets.

Comment

Usyk won't defeat Fury , don't be fooled and right now who would want to see Joshua v Usyk 3 , he's been easily beaten twice ! and look what it did to the poor man.

Comment

Both AJ/Usyk fights were trash. Fury fights are always fixed trash.

Comment

Working...
                    X