Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Berlanga: He Needs a Bernard Hopkins; Needs Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Berlanga: He Needs a Bernard Hopkins; Needs Golden Boy

Oscar De La Hoya believes his company has the best personnel to bring out Edgar Berlanga's potential. De La Hoya, the head of Golden Boy, recently had a meeting with the New York-born, Puerto Rican super middleweight about entering a promotional relationship.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Berlanga doesn't need to sign to GBP to fight trash opponents and stall his career gorging his resume with empty wins. If he really wants the smoke at 168, there's Benavidez, Morrell, Plant, and Andrade all at Showtime. He beats one of those guys, probably not but hope is eternal, and he gets his dream fight against Cinnabon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
      Berlanga doesn't need to sign to GBP to fight trash opponents and stall his career gorging his resume with empty wins. If he really wants the smoke at 168, there's Benavidez, Morrell, Plant, and Andrade all at Showtime. He beats one of those guys, probably not but hope is eternal, and he gets his dream fight against Cinnabon.
      I kind of agree with everything but the Canelo part
      Canelo won’t take that fight , not now at this stage , just cause there’s that 1% chance of getting clipped
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I dont know if Berlanga can beat any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I dont know if Berlanga can beat any of them.
          Won’t even come close to winning any of those fights
          Will be exposed the minute he accepts any of those fights

Comment

He sucks. Any promotional company that he goes to, he will get his ass beat.
            cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

Now those are the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse", for Edgar Berlanga. I can see Berlanga beating Andrade, and Plant in that particular order.
              When it comes to Benavidez, and Morrell, those are two enormous challenges that Berlanga will have to face probably in 2024.
              It would be in his best interest to go after three of the following fighter's Jacobs, Andrade, Ryder, or Mosely Jr., in 2023.
              Then he can shoot the work's against Benavidez, Morrell, and Canelo, whether he has the title or not in 2024, that's probably the best path for him to take.
              I believe that he'll sign with Eddie Hearn, just because that virtually guarantee's him the shot at the Canelo fight.
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Now those are the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse", for Edgar Berlanga. I can see Berlanga beating Andrade, and Plant in that particular order.
                When it comes to Benavidez, and Morrell, those are two enormous challenges that Berlanga will have to face probably in 2024.
                It would be in his best interest to go after three of the following fighter's Jacobs, Andrade, Ryder, or Mosely Jr., in 2023.
                Then he can shoot the work's against Benavidez, Morrell, and Canelo, whether he has the title or not in 2024, that's probably the best path for him to take.
                I believe that he'll sign with Eddie Hearn, just because that virtually guarantee's him the shot at the Canelo fight.
                You're probably right, he would rather face Ryder or some other Euro-boxer to get to Cinnabon, rather than go against the wrecking crew over on Showtime

Comment

Bro I don't see Berlanga beating any of those guys... if I had to pick one it would probably be Andrade and that's if I had to pick one, yeah there's always the punchers chance but I don't see him beating them at this point in his career.

What I see from Berlanga is a strong fighter, with good power, but his flaws are too much at this point. His Footwork is garbage, His ability to cut off the ring is average at best, His ability at slipping punches is garbage, His countering ability is below average to garbage, His chin is suspect his stamina is lacking, His ring IQ is questionable at best, His ability to throw combinations is sub par at best, His dedication seems to have taken a major hit he looks to be majorly distracted by the limelight so that throws off everything above to a lower level which for some of the categories mentioned that are already crap makes it that much more horrible for him.

I really don't know how you can say he beats Plant? I mean if plant gets beat to no mans land and become shot from fighting Benavidez then maybe but that's a longshot that I would take up as a bet lol
                  Last edited by cruz1383; 02-10-2023, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Really ?
                    I just can’t see him beating anybody
                    My thinking Andrade and Plant would box his ears off
                    The other two goons would ko him easily

Comment

Working...
                    X