Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rolly Romero To Challenge Alberto Puello For WBA 140-Pound Title; April Date, Venue TBD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rolly Romero To Challenge Alberto Puello For WBA 140-Pound Title; April Date, Venue TBD

Rolly Romero will get a title shot in his first fight at the 140-pound limit. BoxingScene.com has learned that Romero will challenge unbeaten WBA super lightweight champ Alberto Puello for the Dominican southpaw's title at some point in April at a venue to be determined. Showtime is expected to televise the Puello-Romero match as the main event of a tripleheader.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I struggle to understand why Rolly gets so many opportunities, I think he’s terrible tbh.

Is he a bit of a draw in the US or something like that?
    Since1976 Deleted likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I struggle to understand why Rolly gets so many opportunities, I think he’s terrible tbh.

What opportunities? He has only had 1 big fight against tank Davis. His other "big fight" was for a vacant belt.

Comment

He’s going to makes some more paydays by being a knockout victim to upcoming PBC fighters. Look for him to get dropped by Frank Martin and Isaac Cruz in the next year or so after losing to Puelloz
        _Rexy_ _Rexy_ Since1976 Deleted like this.

Comment

Rolly was just recently dropped and badly hurt in sparring. You can say he was knocked out, because he got up on very shaky legs, and if it was a real fight, either the ref would have stopped it, but if not, the guy would've finished him shortly afterwards. Anyone who's interested in seeing it, it's posted on Youtube. The guy who did it, is virtually unknown at this point- J'hon Ingram, 22 years old, just turned pro in feb 2022, is 3-0 with 3 ko's and fights as a super featherweight (130). Rolly had him on the ropes and was trying to dump on him, while Ingram stayed calm with a high guard. Then he timed Rolly right in between his wide bombs with nice tight left hook. And he knocked the sh.t out of Rolly. It was remarkably similar to how he was ko'd by Tank. J-hon literally did the same thing except from an orthodox stance. Rolly is very strong, but not scientific. He does things, but he doesn't know what he's doing it for. His trainer is a coach, but not a teacher. Rolly will be badly knocked out in the future

Comment

Pure insanity and sadly typical of our sport! To make it worse, it's probably the champ's biggest available payday just because broadcasters use people acting stupid (Rolly, Connor etc) like websites do with click bait.

New generation, they say people are talking about me, so what if it's negative...I'm famous lol. This is like being known as the dumb kid in school or as a bad employee and seeing it as fame/popularity lol.

Comment

Rolly just got KTFO in sparring.

What goes around comes around
              real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post

What opportunities? He has only had 1 big fight against tank Davis. His other "big fight" was for a vacant belt.
                He just got KTFO and he’s going straight back into a title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

Pure insanity and sadly typical of our sport! To make it worse, it's probably the champ's biggest available payday just because broadcasters use people acting stupid (Rolly, Connor etc) like websites do with click bait.

New generation, they say people are talking about me, so what if it's negative...I'm famous lol. This is like being known as the dumb kid in school or as a bad employee and seeing it as fame/popularity lol.
                  Yeah that’s the impression I get from him, a kid who’s desperate for attention who’s willing to do or say anything to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post

He’s going to makes some more paydays by being a knockout victim to upcoming PBC fighters. Look for him to get dropped by Frank Martin and Isaac Cruz in the next year or so after losing to Puelloz
                    I can see them feeding him to the Gary Russell who fights at 140 too. Antuanne is it? I lose track with all those Russell kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X