Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessica McCaskill-Ivana Habazin: Purse Bid Won By Habazin's Team For Unified Welterweight Championship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessica McCaskill-Ivana Habazin: Purse Bid Won By Habazin's Team For Unified Welterweight Championship

Ivana Habazin pulled off the first upset well ahead of her next title challenge. Charles Muniz, Habazin's manager, secured control of his fighter's WBC-ordered welterweight title fight versus lineal and unified champion Jessica McCaskill. A purse bid hearing held Tuesday by the WBC was won by Muniz's privately owned Piranha 1 LLC company, who bid $201,000 to outpace Matchroom Boxing ($91,000) as the session's only other participant.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Surprising that Habazin's promotional firm bid over twice the amount that Matchroom offered. Good for McCaskill that she gets a nice payday.

I favor Jessica a bit but who knows how the scorecards will go and I doubt there will be a stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Surprising that Habazin's promotional firm bid over twice the amount that Matchroom offered. Good for McCaskill that she gets a nice payday.

I favor Jessica a bit but who knows how the scorecards will go and I doubt there will be a stoppage.
      Agree. I actually won £500 from Cameron beating Mccaskill. The scores were way too close though, I had Cameron winning by shut-out. McCaskill was terrible, and clumsy. She's game, decent power, and awkward, but so lacking in ability. Nash out
      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Habazin tends to lose when she steps up. She's 2-4 against fighters that have won a world title, but her two wins came against a fighter with a career losing record and against a fighter who was 8 years and several weight divisions removed from her title reign.

She's 19-0 against fighters that have NOT won a world title. She's pretty much the definition of a gatekeeper.

Comment

You guys want to know why in womens boxing (and in mens below jr lightweight) everyone fights everyone?

Look at that purse. For a world title fight.

More in line with what you see in UFC…. another place where everyone fights everyone

Comment

McCaskill is a pretty face to look at, but her performance in her last fight was just PURE ABYSMAL! Her footwork was clumsy, throwing punches with her head down, punches very wide and looping, virtually no jab to get in the inside and just overall very sloppy.
            real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Agree. I actually won £500 from Cameron beating Mccaskill. The scores were way too close though, I had Cameron winning by shut-out. McCaskill was terrible, and clumsy. She's game, decent power, and awkward, but so lacking in ability. Nash out
              I like McCaskill but she benefited from fighting Braekhus at the right time and scoring two wins over the faded champion.

Habazin is decent for the women's game but as famicommander stated, she loses when fighting a certain level. I think Jessica's strength and aggression will give her the edge but let's see where the fight ends up and whether Jessica can win a decision from the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I like McCaskill but she benefited from fighting Braekhus at the right time and scoring two wins over the faded champion.

Habazin is decent for the women's game but as famicommander stated, she loses when fighting a certain level. I think Jessica's strength and aggression will give her the edge but let's see where the fight ends up and whether Jessica can win a decision from the judges.
                I expect McCaskill to win, and yes, those fights came at the right time for her. She still has something to offer, but after the highs she had, I feel like however long she sticks around, it's all downhill from here. That Taylor rematch payday ended with the last performance she had. Nash out

Comment

I don't know how McCaskill gets paid to box, terrible fraud.

Comment

McCaskill may be a sloppy uncoordinated boxer but at least she throws punches. Habazin is terrible and her fight against Shields was embarrassing. She fought to survive and barely threw any punches in the 2nd half of the fight. Can't find the compubox numbers but a couple of articles say she landed 49 of 285 punches thrown lol

Comment

Working...
                    X